1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0.1.6: Server is down at the moment

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by drdoct, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Ecobreaker

Ecobreaker Nether Explorer

any updates?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SeaShell

SeaShell Gold Miner

Europe servers are doodoo

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Ecobreaker

its not about the server but okay

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daphnechan

Daphnechan Ex-Staff
    Staff Member Admin

As of this post (2-09-2018) we are updating the server for more memory (if we looked at the email this wouldnt have happen) still there is no ETA(Estimated Time of Arrival ) for the Opening of the server.

I will tell the staff we have to give you guys something in return as this took way to long.

greats,

Admin team

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ruthger

Ruthger Nether Inhabitant

Problems like this can happen, okay thats focked but shit happened you cant change that anymore so okay. I personally think that 1 thing that everyone wants is to prevent that this happens again. Give more permisson to maybe the manager or admins so they can try to fix this kind of problems if this happens again.

And ofcourse 10k and 2 stacks of diamonds are more than welcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. apachaa

apachaa Coal Miner

i agree i dont need stuf to compenseed i just hoop that the comunety and staff leurnd to better work together to prevent further poblems

7. Daphnechan

Daphnechan Ex-Staff
    Staff Member Admin

Heey we are getting access ( of what i know) how ever this one is partly my fault and we are now waiting for more space in the memory )

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. ClockWound

ClockWound Ex-Staff

Hello Staff,

I'm sorry to ask (and I know that you get this question alot), but is there anyway you know around what time/date we can expect the server to be online again? Are we talking hours, days or weeks? It is no problem if you can't answer it right now, but I think alot of players really want a time or date. It doesn't have to be a specific time or date, but some kind of indication would be really nice.

~ClockWound

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. drdoct

drdoct Ex-Staff

We say we have no idea because of a few things. Samy identified the problem and sent in an email asking for more storage. It took forever for them to get back to him with said storage plan options. He then asked to add another hard drive to the account and asked it be done as soon as possible. Again we waited only to have the guy email back after many hrs (almost day) asking when he could do this work. And so yet again he is responding with Immediately please. And so, we are hoping to see this extra space online soon, unless the morons at the server farm have more questions or take their time even longer.

I realize it's an infuriating thing, if you can imagine Samy trying to get this done with someone on the other end who is in zero hurry at all to do his job. For people saying this needs to be fixed..... It's in the process of happening. When I came onboard and daphnechan was brought in as admin, we were preparing to have access and also make changes to improve game play and server life. We're here to help first and foremost. Unfortunately, this happened like 5 days before we were to start training on this and when Samy wan't able to even have internet to check it on the road. Some may say the perfect storm, while others say the perfect storm of incompetence. It's both honestly and we will get better than what we showed these last few days.

We are committed to this server and the first things we will be doing is banning Samy from vacations and us getting together to form a group who can access the server and fix these issues BEFORE they break down the whole server.

So server online time is unknown until the host decides to do his job and get us the space necessary. Judging by their responding emails, who knows how long that will take.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. ClockWound

ClockWound Ex-Staff

Hi drdoct and staff,

Thank you for the detailed and long post. All moderators and players on DRC are now on the same line. We, the members of DRC know now whats going on!
    You say you as a team are gonna improve on the "incompetence" and that you are comitted to your server.
    I think I speak for many when I say that we, the members of DRC, are more then happy to give each and everyone the space to improve. But as I've said earlier, I think this server is lucky with all the admins and moderators we have right now!
    We are comitted to the server aswell!

Then again, while reading all the information in the post, I've come to think that bad luck is also a big factor in this problem.
    Good luck and lets hope the "morons" don't have any more questions and will respond quickly.

Have a nice day.

~ClockWound

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. apachaa

apachaa Coal Miner

stil no progras man wad a laizy compeny is dat 3 party no ofens to the staff and owners just to be clear

12. Daphnechan

Daphnechan Ex-Staff
    Staff Member Admin

Nope samy was working on the upgrade himself and we have to wait

13. apachaa

apachaa Coal Miner

so stil no posebol opening dat sad but i get it

14. Daphnechan

Daphnechan Ex-Staff
    Staff Member Admin

15. Dracindo

Dracindo Ex-Staff

Sorry, I'm here now:
    Speak her sentences the way they're written down. Her English is A+++, just not in typing ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ecobreaker

U should give her a lesson engrish

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. apachaa

apachaa Coal Miner

he tride lots of times but my brean dussent want to get it i have dyslexie so sorry for the bad speling

18. aboody

aboody Coal Miner

no offence , but you really need to learn some basics about English :grinning:

19. samyratchet

CEO

Update: I found a solution but it needs a reinstallation of the deticated server. So what is happening next
    1. Backup of the minecraft servers (bussy at the moment)
    2. Backup of the databases (bussy at the moment)
    3. Reinstallation of the deticated server
    4. Relocate the SSD drives "raid 0 instead of 1"
    5. Setup the deticated server admin software (firewall, SSL certificates, sheduled backup and improvements)
    6. Installation of the minecraft panel
    7. Uploading minecraft servers
    8. Setup plugins to the new databases
    9. We are back online ;)
    We choose this way to fix some buggs and have more disk space without changing to an HDD drive instead of a SSD. This to keep the server loading time smooth and even better. Because we changed to another way to handle the drives (raid 0 instead of 1 we have a double of disk space and for the future it is easier to upgrade the disk space. To keep server data safe we going to setup a sheduled backup methode.

I think you all want to know how long this will takes.
    I am the only one in the community that has some experience with a linux root server, and because i am just a half year using it i still learn a lot about it. I don't want to rush the installation so i can do it with care so that means it can't be done in like in 1 day. I think the job is going to be done in like 3+- days. But it is not sure i am going to try to fulfill that.

I hope it give you more information about the situation and sorry that this happens #blamescorpiddd.

If you have questions feel free to ask them.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dracindo

Dracindo Ex-Staff

@samyratchet If it's any motivation, I was planning to stream Minecraft on DRC this Friday. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1