1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0.3.0: Inactivity

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ClockWound, Dec 8, 2018.

1. ClockWound

Staff Member Mod Forum Guard

Hello DRC players,

As you may have noticed, the staff team is not that active on the server right now (exept for the supports. They are really active). Some staff members are really buzy with school at the moment. Ofcourse school and real life events have a higher priority for a staff member then the server (we hope that everyone understands that). Sadly, the inactivity will go on for a bit longer, I'm afraid.

The owner who's really buzy with the server at the moment (@samyratchet ) is in the middle of the exam period. He needs to fully concentrate on that, since this period is what he has worked for the last few years in school. His exams will be finished at the end of january. Since he feels really bad (because Samy can't work on the server right now) he promised a "back-on-track" period in february. This basicly means that Samy is gonna concentrate fully on DRC, and that will bring alot of (hopefully good) updates to the server.

School is also the main reason I (ClockWound) am not much online on the server right now. This semester is possibly the most important semester of my entire study. Alot of the time I'm basicly to buzy with school to be online on the server. This does not mean I'm not online at all. On discord you can always message me, because most of the time I'm studying on my PC (and so I get notified when I get a message). I also check the forums twice or thrice a day. I'm also the only forum guard currently. This means, when you try to communicate with staff via forum, you are (almost all the time) gonna get a message from me. If you have a problem with that, or just don't prefer me to answer to your post, I can respect that. In that case, please tell in your post the specific person you want to answer.

What does this mean for the DRC player (you)? Not much. The server will basicly stay the same. Supports will be really active, some other staff members a bit less. Big updates will also not come out until february. We are gonna compensate this in february with the "back-on-track" period.

We hope you can respect and understand the inactivity of some of the staff members. If not, please let us know. Don't be shy to give your opinion on the forum. I know lately there have been mixed feelings about posting freely (and freedom of speech in general) on the DRC forum. A big massive SORRY from the staff team is hereby given to you about this. Things have been deleted/muted that you normally should be able to post on a forum. Opinions and discussions are always good, because it keeps the staffteam on it's toes. But please, don't post to just spread hate/negative messages. Posting negative things is good, as long as it is posted with the intention of alerting the problem / making DRC a better server.

For now this is all. Thanks for reading the announcement, you rock!

~The Staff team

#1 ClockWound, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  2. drdoct

drdoct Ex-Staff

Good luck in your school clock. I thought there was going to be some 'finding drc' event that was like 95% finished. Or some of the things Scorpiddd was working on that was so important? Hopefully the 'back-on-track' February isn't just the idea of advertising and is something for people to be excited about. Either way I wish you guys a Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ClockWound

Staff Member Mod Forum Guard

Heya Doc!

Thanks for the sweet words. About the "finding DRC" event, honestly, I'm not sure.
    The event is (to my knowledge) almost finished, and was about to be implemented into the server soon.
    But I'm personally not at all aware of the current status of the event.

I hereby tag @samyratchet and @scorpiddd in the hope they can provide some info about the status of the event.
    Note that Samy, the owner who is most active and has worked the most on the "finding DRC" event (again, to my knowledge), is really buzy right now (with school).
    I hope he finds time in his day to give you and the rest some info about the event, but it may take a while.
    I'm sorry I can't get you more answers right now.

Anyway, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year is hereby also wished to you and all other players on DRC.

~ClockWound

4. samyratchet

samyratchet Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hey @drdoct

About the event "finding DRC" (The search of DRC) is an event that was planned to add into the game when the basic stuff of the servers has been fixed and when Prison and KitPvP is done. Why i planned it like this is that it has no advantage to push an event if there is just 5/18 servers online and if the half of them is in poor condition. These last days i was concentrating to fix these basic stuffs (voting system, premium currency, rank and ability shops) and adding ideas (like a Friend&Party system) that maybe would help to give DRC the touch. I was working to these things that i was doing more for DRC then for my college. That is why i needed a break for my exams : unamused:

If you have still questions, feel free to ask them :sun: