1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want answers

Discussion in 'General' started by Ecobreaker, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Ecobreaker

Ecobreaker Nether Explorer

I just want a staff member to give answer on this topic using 1 word only
    Yes or no

The question is: will survival open in the next 30 days

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Tribut0

Tribut0 Lapis Lazuli Miner

I dont wanna be negative here and I hope the new DRC succeeds, but new staff team you guys' job was to restore the old DRC-Community's trust in the server. Delaying the opening of the server with 1 month already damaged that trust before anything even happened but still most of the veteran players wanted to give you guys a chance cause we also understand real life things have priority. But if you delay the opening of the server 30 days and then still didnt manage the get the main server open then idk how you guys think people will return. In that topic you guys also stated survival would take about 3+ more days, this is about 14 days ago. I really wish you guys the best of luck with the server but then someone will have to take action very soon or else it will be too late.

#2 Tribut0, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 9
  3. fire_agent_007

fire_agent_007 Stone Miner

Hi, i like to give my opinion on the matter aswell.
    If you release the server, hoping to restore everything how it used to be, without gamemodes like for instants "survival" in the release, you'll lose the trust of your loyal players.
    the 3+ days seems weird to me aswell, why give it a number if the plus is there. 19 days has already been passed.
    the + seems like a big excuse for not knowing when it will be released.
    It's surely my fault aswell for being the inpatient person that i am.
    guess i miss DRC like it used to be.
    Thank you.

#3 fire_agent_007, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ecobreaker

Dont worry, ur not impatient, they just dont know how to handle the situation and thats frustrating. We were promised survival about 3 days after that post and after. 18 days or something like that its still not here

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Daphnechan

Daphnechan Ex-Staff
    Staff Member Admin

I like to give my point of view here as well. We had a list of what needed to be done. The worst part is that only 1 owner can do plugin stuff to the server and make it start/restart.

If it was for me I would have done it already so you guys can play. I can't do anything as of this moment because I can't work on the servers config.

@Ecobreaker I know you guys want survival. So do I . But complaining about it everytime is not the correct way to do this.

@Tribut0 we made the delay because survival was 100% not ready . We also had a major knife in the back because of a staff member that didn't do much .

For everyone who reads this. We see the topics we know your concerns . But plz be a bit more patient because we are delaying the opening for the reason that only 1 owner can do something config wide. I made a push to get it top priority and ranks we're number 1

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Filip_Džambas

Filip_Džambas Gold Miner

But will it be done in the next 30 days?

7. Daphnechan

Daphnechan Ex-Staff
    Staff Member Admin

As of this moment I would say not ( made this reply 21-07-2018)

As I don't have a chat with the owner . However I will keep pushing it to get it fixed

8. fire_agent_007

fire_agent_007 Stone Miner

@Daphnechan , i appreciate your honesty.

you said that there is a list with stuff that has to be done.
    does something include building, because i like to be beneficial towards DRC.
    If there is i'll make an apply for builder.
    not that i'm a master builder but every help counts.

9. Tribut0

Look Daphne I understand you and the other staffmembers also wanna do something and we appreciate that. But if only one of the owners has console access than maybe it's just a little too much for him. He can just give you access to the console and an FTP login if he wants to so you guys can help.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Daphnechan

Daphnechan Ex-Staff
    Staff Member Admin

He is working on giving me access but his PC had some trouble Which included that we could not work. Otherwise it would have been fixed a bit ago
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 21, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 21, 2018 ---
    This moment we are not looking into more builders and I heard that building in survival was finished by the builders

11. Tribut0

So you posted that you guys wont finish the server within 30 days is this a guess or is it like an actual 'deadline'.

12. Daphnechan

Daphnechan Ex-Staff
    Staff Member Admin

I want to have it open within 30 days

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ruthger

Ruthger Nether Inhabitant

There is a solid difference between wanting something and actually having it.
    In my opinion, If the owner does not have time to open the main server, he has to pass that task to someone else in the staff team. DRC is still as dead as it was, and without survival it remains the same. We are already 3 weeks further and the owner should have realized that if he could not work on the survival server that he should have given that task to someone else and he had not to wait three weeks to do that now, and in addition, suddenly his computer does not work. As an owner, you do what is right for the server and for the players of it but in my opinion, the owners is not doing that right now

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Tribut0

Just want to add this to make your point even more clear. Its a sunday afternoon and the server has 2 players online, one of them is afk in the lobby and the other one is playing factions. I think this should ring a bell.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Ecobreaker

At this point I have almost no faith left in DRC, at this point trying to make DRC big again is like trying to hammer a nail in with a feather, its almost ducking impossible

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. drdoct

drdoct Ex-Staff

There appears to be a few problems at the top. First and foremost is trust. It's most important the owners pick admins they can trust to handle server level access and help work the coding correctly. It's not a hugely difficult thing to do and one good admin who is trustworthy with access to restart and have ftp access to edit the config files would go a long way to helping. There is a point where one person just can't do it all, that's where teamwork comes in handy. There appears yet again, no trust in your team. Maybe that's earned, however if you have a staff team, use them.

One owner doing it all won't work. Even the great Jelle needed a Nobody4Life to help him over the hump. Don't try to write all the codes, there are plenty of regular plug and play plugins that work as is. No need in inventing the wheel. In fact, I believe we overdid it last survival upgrade in trying to do too many different things (playershops, drc shop) delayed the whole thing when all we really needed was to keep it the same. IMO, we wasted a lot of time trying to make it special.

I'm not looking for answers, I'm pretty sure I can see the problems. I appreciate all you've done to try and get it going. I got to see a lot of my old friends playing a game I haven't really had interest in. And I've been back about every day just to have a little fun. Again, thanks for sacrificing your time and money in trying to bring it back. Simplicity is the key. Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. LegendaryDirt

LegendaryDirt Redstone Miner

I definitely agree with this, I really hope they will be able to get survival up and running as soon as possible... Because this way people will just NOT return to the server, ever. When the server just launched it had 20+ players on it for about 2 days, but now not even 4 or 5 people. People were online so they could meet old friends, etc. They played the gamemodes which are open now to waste some time while waiting for gamemodes like KitPvP and especially Survival to open, but it seems like most people have lost hope after almost a month of waiting for a simple survival server. I really hope once survival opens people will return to being active, although I don't know what the chances of that happening could be.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Ultra_Dr

Ultra_Dr Iron Miner