Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by rebeeccc, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Some of you may not remember this, but before the hacking event we were celebrating 4 years of DRC. I submitted a poem in honor of what DRC has meant to me and I won first prize along with Dracindo's mural drawing of staff.

I decided that the 15 Euros would be better spent on someone who wanted to buy rank, and that hopefully it would inspire them to buy a higher rank than just the 15 Euros. So I have started creating a contest to determine what worthy player will win the 15 Euro prize!

You can't tell me that DRC is dead or that there is no reason to log on to the server anymore - I'm giving you a reason by offering this contest. This isn't a question about whether the Old DRC was better or not...obviously I favor DRC Network as I'm not Dutch and I only got to discover this great community after DRC became global. I'm creating this contest in an attempt to give all players an event (in lieu of event-team sponsored events) and something fun to do on the server.

The event will consist of three separate activities, each worth a maximum of 10 points. There are some skill-based games, some redstone puzzles, and a themed build activity that all must be attempted in order to qualify for the 15 Euro prize. The event will be open during the month of October and the winner will be determined in early November.

[​IMG]

This image is a preview of the contest grounds. You can see some of the redstone puzzles in the foreground and some of the build plots in the distance. The contest is occurring in the DRC Fairgrounds which can be reached by doing "/visit axe" and following the lit grass path.

You must register in order to be assigned a creative plot and stand a chance at winning the grand prize. You can register and also prove that you've solved any of the redstone puzzles by renaming items to your player name and tossing them into hoppers. In this way, it doesn't matter how many people are online, you can still attempt to solve the puzzles, play the games, or work on your build.

Keep in mind that this contest is a work in progress - I have 6 redstone puzzles in place presently, with plans for more. Some of the puzzles are relatively simple, while others will require more thought and precision. There is only one skill game but I have plans for at least one more. You can obtain information about the creative build section in the cave labeled with an "I" in the picture.

So what is your excuse now? Why aren't you finding a little time to log on to DRC and try your hand at the ultimate contest? Are you scared? Do you loathe free money and hate the idea of a free rankup or claimblocks or voteparty chests? Would you rather spend your time criticizing DRC in the forums or helping to make the community strong and active again on the server? Do you simply fear my redstone puzzles? My prior playershop puzzle was never solved and I have included some of those same components in these puzzles. Prove that you are the ultimate player by scoring more points than your friends and securing yourself the 15 Euro giveaway.

Just to encourage more people to play, there will be additional prizes rewarded to players who do well but not well enough to win...including two unreleased Minecraft minigames that I created several months ago. One of these games has been showcased by @Reynout123 on his Youtube channel if you're interested in seeing what it is like.

Okay, I've babbled enough. If you've made it this far without logging on to the server to try it out, you're probably a lost cause. Thanks for reading through my bit, and good luck in finding entertainment elsewhere...don't say I didn't try!

-rebeeccc

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Mendel Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Can fellow moderators register ?

3. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Can fellow contest winners and greedy lizards register as well?

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. bys1 Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Can annoying spammers register?

5. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Everyone can register, but only the best shall win!

6. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Like me you mean? (I'm registering)

7. FuturezPlayz - YT Hunter DRC Player

I want but I cant ;-;

8. Hardskiller12 - Timo Event Team Event Team

Boi thats cool!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Just an update, there are now 10 redstone puzzles and at least some of them are guaranteed to make you scratch your head. An equal number of people have formally entered the competition and I'm considering soon limiting the number of people that can register...so if you're thinking about doing this you better register soon! I will be adding more skill games and probably at least a couple more puzzles as well. Good luck to everyone!

10. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Can I still register? If so, I'm in and I'll try to scratch my head soon :D

11. Hardskiller12 - Timo Event Team Event Team

Can i register too? Sounds cool!

12. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Registration is still open but you must do so in game. Read the signs and good luck!

13. Hardskiller12 - Timo Event Team Event Team

How do i get there?

14. aboody Hunter DRC Player

2016-10-02_01.45.26.png 2016-10-02_01.45.26.png 2016-10-02_01.45.29.png

15. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

You can get to the contest grounds by doing /visit axe ... Aboody thanks for posting this but this is the way the puzzle is supposed to be...you are close to solving it but not quite.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hardskiller12 - Timo Event Team Event Team

17. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

[​IMG]

Why again is everyone so critical of this server and not trying the best challenge ever? In addition to the "bowling" skill game, there is a brand new "baseball" skill game (pictured here). Practice your timing and try to hit the hardest hopper!

[​IMG]

In addition to this, there are now 11 (yes, that's eleven) redstone puzzles, some of which remain to be legitimately solved. This means that it is a completely open contest and anyone could come away with these 15 Euros.

There are quite a few registered users, but still a little room if anyone else wants to try their luck! Or even if you don't want to win the prize, just come try the puzzles and games and enjoy the micro-community of players who are expanding their redstone knowledge. DRC isn't dead, come see for yourself!

/visit axe And follow the grass path!

• Like Like x 3
  18. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Plenty of time left to win this giveaway...I have added a third skill game, a combination of bowling, billiards, and target practice!

[​IMG]

Master timing and currents on packed ice to guide your item toward the central hopper. Two large gutters on either side make this a difficult task. Like the other skill games, you can try this up to 20 times.

If you aren't interested in winning the 15 Euro prize, you can still try these fun minigames and test your redstone knowledge! Even after the giveaway ends, these games and puzzles will remain for all to enjoy.

[​IMG]

Hope to see you there!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Mendel Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Thanks @reebeccc for keeping us busy and having us play these awesome minigames :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Halloween has passed and it is finally time to announce the results of the 15-Euro giveaway! There was a great amount of overall participation so thanks to all of the players who tried the puzzles, games, and build. Players who participated in some way include (in alphabetical order) aboody123, anassaid, _BEUTIFUL_, bicaldo123, chaos_reaper, DrKiller_YT, Ecnelis21, Emre_TR, ExtremeGirl08, hallo_doei, ikbenruthger, infinitepro, jinada, legendaryburrun, lover_girl03, mematty, mendel, minbboy, momani, mrguhan, mrmoustaches, panzie, princess_mc, psychodevil, skullcandy_kidz, skydoheaven, thelasthunter, and Venny.

The rules of this giveaway required all players to participate in all three sections - the puzzles, the minigames, and the build. Only 9 players did any sort of build, so any players who didn't register for a build plot or didn't build in their plot are disqualified. The 9 players who did a build are anassaid, DrKiller_YT, ExtremeGirl08, hallo_doei, IkbenRuthger, InfinitePro, Jinada, Princess_MC, and skullcandy_kidz. Since so few players did a build, I decided not to score the builds - all you had to do was try to qualify. The builds can be seen at the fairgrounds for anyone who is interested.

The winner was determined on the basis of puzzle and game performance alone. Princess_MC didn't do any puzzles or games, and thus finished 9th. DrKiller_YT won 8th place by solving 4 puzzles, but didn't score any points in the games. ExtremeGirl08 won 7th place by solving 1 puzzle and scoring 3 times on minigame 3. IkBenRuthger won 6th place by solving 5 puzzles and not scoring any points in the games. Anassaid won 5th place by solving 7 puzzles and not scoring any points in the games. Jinada won 4th place by solving 8 puzzles and scoring 7 points in minigame 2. InfinitePro won 3rd place by solving 8 puzzles and scoring 23 points in minigame 2.

The battle for winner came down to hallo_doei and skullcandy_kidz. It was very close between the two of them - both solved 9 of the 11 puzzles. Skullcandy_kidz scored more points on minigames 1 and 3, but hallo_doei scored on minigame 2. In the end, the decision came down to a technicality: at the close of the competition skullcandy_kidz had no build in place (although I did see the build earlier in October). This fact coupled with the two 'disputed' puzzle solves for skullcandy means that hallo_doei is the winner! Congratulations, hallo, on the hard-fought victory!

I will be sending around links to all participants of the competition for two unreleased minigames that I created several months ago. If your forum screenname is different than your in-game name and you don't get a link for the game, please contact me and I'll get you a link. Thanks again to everyone who participated in this contest and tried the puzzles and games. They will remain in place indefinitely so that others can enjoy the challenges!

-rebeeccc

• Like Like x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.