Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by L. [V/\], Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L. [V/\] Gold Miner DRC Veteran

Ay

As many of you may know swearing with the k disease is banable. However new people that join the server are not going to go to the forum and start reading the rules... Toxic chat is allowed on most servers. so people think you can also talk like that on here. It should be clear that swearing with komkommer is banable. People get permbanned they wont come back to the server = -1 player. Or mute the people who swear with komkommer but dont ban them.

Rule 5:Do not curse or swear.
    The staff decides whether a word is a swear word. This includes swearing in your own language.
    Add it here or give ingame ''tips'' that pop up in chat that swearing with diseases is banable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. svenssonsaab Gold Miner DRC Veteran

I think no matter how old you are that a little common sense keeps you away from alot of trouble , i do get your point though , but i think if you start swearing with these names you just don't deserve to be on DRC cause of lack of respect towards other players ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Assassian_Damian Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Hahaha why you say komkommer xDDDDDDDDD

4. Boins Gold Miner DRC Veteran

koele-komkommer-19655496.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Wait you mean like actually POST the rules?!?

LOL well I had suggested such heresy once upon a time but I think it's going to be done (hopefully) in the next one.

There is also a plugin (not sure about 1.9) that had posted the rules and you had to /rules accept or something like that before a new player could play. I'm not sure which plugin it was but I remember seeing it on a server that isn't around anymore.

Others make you go through a tutorial zone where it shows you the rules and how to claim and chat before you are allowed to go out into the world (just in survival). Which should be somewhat easy for /setspawn newbies or whatever you want to call them. But that's also a lot of work. Maybe that's also due to be done in 1.9.

I'll say this. To anyone not from the dutch area, it's the oddest curse word imaginable. I'll never forget the first time Universal asked if it was a curse word to us in America. It took me like 5 minutes of him repeating before I actually understood what he was asking because it sounded so dumb. Not really sure how something that odd even got off the ground as a curse word.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

here in the netherlands, the kool kidz use it as a curseword

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Yeah, thats exactly what he just said.

I'm just going to throw this out: If you feel the need to swear with that disease, a mute won't be enough. Mutes are for people that indeed have had some toxic chat.
    When you start swearing using stuff that kills people, you are just not okay in your head. A mute won't fix that, I have no need for people that have gone mental on our server, the goal is to keep the server safe and enjoyable for other players. People that swear using diseases like that may need to have themself checked out because they are not clearly not thinking straight.

So for me, just the minor part where you almost try to protect people swearing with that disease 'perhaps mute them' has made you fall in respect. (Don't take this as an offensive. I'm trying to say the following: I honestly can't understand how anyone would swear with that, and then name it 'toxic')

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.