Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Unban request' started by Jan_Kees_Doodle, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan_Kees_Doodle Hunter DRC Veteran

User name: Jan_Kees_Doodle
    Banning mod: Mendel

What "trap" did I create this time? Due to the revert done on my claim the last time this happened, the entrance to my underground lair no longer exists, and I spent an hour or so filling it in with blocks. I've been using the /home commands to go back and forth between underground and surface. Not only that, but the last time I logged in, I covered the old location of the hole (on the surface) with blocks as a marker, with a capstone. Not an open door, not an open hole, a block that must be mined in order to get in. To my knowledge, nobody has /trust on that claim. There should be no entrance at all. Where is the trap? Is someone just flying around with comic book coupon x-ray specs and looking for holes in the ground, and completely missing the fact that they are blocked off?

I'm only banned for another 10 hours or so, but this is getting rather annoying, this process of logging in after a couple of weeks of inactivity to find out I am banned for something I either haven't done, or something that was completely unintentional.

Can someone help me out, please? I'm really trying to work within the rules.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Mendel Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Thanks @Tropicale for tagging me
    @Jan_Kees_Doodle I had an open ticket by a player so I decided to check it out.
    When I went there all I could see were open holes (multiple of them) all over the claim.
    When I went down there, I saw a mineshaft and a bit further down a spider spawner so I thought "Yeah this is Jan's home" but the reason I banned you is that it wasn't closed as you mention up there but the complete opposite - All of the holes were opened.
    Now what I suggest is : I know you have fly and you are not the kind of guy that would make deathtraps so please cover them at least with a trapdoor.
    Maybe someone has griefed the blocks from the holes ? Anyway not that it matters. I saw an open hole that seemed totally like a deathtrap and it was surrounded by stone blocks but not the middle.
    Now if you are willing to close them with blocks/ put trapdoors on them I will unban you (even though it is only 1 day ban ) because I believe you are not the kind that would deathtrap other people and get their equipment.
    Now what is the answer ?
    Or at least build wall around your entrances so players without fly can't enter there .
    Sorry for this long comment :P

3. Jan_Kees_Doodle Hunter DRC Veteran

Ah, this is a completely different claim. #Sperg

This must be where all my spawners are. Those were probably never closed, because I haven't been on the surface there since my triple spawner was built. I forgot all about that. I'll check it out and fix it. :-)

By the way, you don't need /fly to dig straight down. :-P I have always mined this way.

EDIT: I think I fixed it, but I am literally going at 2 FPS right now, so I can't really be sure. If I missed any, could you place a dirt block in them, please?

I will have to get on after everyone goes to bed. WOOOO NETBOOK!

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  4. Mendel Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Yeah sure ... Thanks for being cool with it :D
    By using /fly I meant you could survive even if you fell down that's why I mentioned it :D
    You should be unbanned now :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.