Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?

Are building contests worth investing time in?

1. I like them

2. I like seeing the result

3. Both of the answers above are no actual answer to the question.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Hello my beloved scrubs!

First of all, thank you for reading this topic. It would be much more visible if someone hadn't removed the event/contest subfora a while ago :sob:
    We are back with a new contest for the likes of you that like to build, but don't have the resources or find the space in creative to be a bit too small!

The challenge: As you all know, in survival there is a rule that shops have to be hidden away from the regionspawn, the distance a shop has to be away from the regionspawns: 75 blocks.
    75 blocks is indeed quite the distance, so I figured, let us see if you, the players can manage to create a way to play around with this rule, and make the shopbuildings more noticable without breaking the rule of 75 blocks :)

In order to give you an idea, I've played around a bit in singleplayer and made a format showing you when you've crossed the 75 blocks limit. If you decide to participate, try to build within the dug-out part and make a nice setup, i've also added an example that can be deleted if you choose to.
    Downloadlink

The reward:
    Due to the fact that giveaways are not allowed, and this contest will not cost you anything but time the rewards are as such:
    1. 10.000; 5.000 and 2.500 DRC for the best 3 builds
    2. 250 DRC for each other player that has participated by uploading his work of art in this topic
    3. A ton of fun =)

The rules:
    1. Only use blocks that can be obtained in the survivalserver. This means: no mobspawners, playerheads, endereggs etc.
    2. Do not cross the 75 blocks limit
    3. The build has to be able to be rotated and used on 4 sides.
    4. Your build can't break the DRC rules, so no walls around the regionspawn or such
    5. Your build doesn't have to be in the same style as mine. If you want to build up instead of down, go ahead!
    6. Have fun!

Time limit:
    It didn't take me more than 15 minutes to build the example, but ofcourse I hope to see some stuff that is better than the example. That is why the contest will be going for about a week. To prevent problems with the timezones, i've put the exact timer in some of these amazing websites. Click this and you should be able to see the timer :)

Also, to make this contest fair, i'll ask some people that have a meaning for me to work as judges. Some may see them as 'secret' but this will prevent you from trying to influence them and get the reward (I'm not kidding, i've seen this happen, people sharing the reward with the judge)

Already asked questions:
    None so far, hooray!

Please keep in mind that the design that you deliver here, may be used by Anesitas Corp. and that Copyright does not apply if you want to be rewarded for your hard work

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

I thank ye all for your participation. I think i've proven my point :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.