Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Updates and announcements' started by JelleDRC, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Hi DRCers

Since Mojang has released Minecraft 1.9 very recently, I am going to address some things that you need to be informed about.

1. When will DRC update?
    DRC will update when the time is right. This means, when all extern plugins are up to date and the server version (Spigot) has been confirmed stable. This process alone could take some time.
    There are also some other things to be done. As for every major update, some servers have to be reset. I will come back to this topic later in this text.

2. What do I do now, I'm already on 1.9?
    You can easily switch between 1.8.9 and 1.9 by using this method: (Note: If you're already on 1.8.9 you don't have to bother doing this.)
    [​IMG]

3. What happens with the old combat system?
    DRC stands for change. That is also why we choose to upgrade our server completely.
    This means, we are going to use the new combat system in every single server.
    Adjustments after the update are always possible and ofcourse we are going to make sure the new arrows are not available if they are too OP (for example in kitpvp).

For the people who still think PvP will die, read this:
    If one PvP dies, it's going to be the old PvP system. There may be servers out there that are running 1.7 still, but I see many server owners struggling to get their plugins up to date. Spigot does not give support to these old versions and so these will dissapear sooner or later. I'd suggest getting used to the new system.
    Proof: Spigot just dropped 1.7 support already. Source: "Support for 1.7 has been dropped." - md_5 (Lead developer of spigot) https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/minecraft-1-9-release.127186/
    If the new combat system is not good enough, Mojang will adjust it until it is. I don't think they will let the PvP part of the game die.

4. What about the server resets?

Some servers need a reset due to so many new things being added to the game, or just due to too full worlds, for example Survival.

Survival
    Survival will get a full reset. This means money, items and world will be reset. This is due to the old economy system we're using. We have to update to a more recent one, which will work better with our forum stats and will fix these two bugs:
    - Not receiving voting money when you're not online in Survival
    - Not receiving money from selling in your shop when you're not online in Survival

So as you know, The End has been disabled in Survival since the start of DRC in 2012. Due to the huge End update Loading this many worlds is hard for a single minecraft server. I will try my best, but I can't promise anything since I have not tested the server performance from MC 1.9 yet.

Claimblocks, items and money that has been gained by donating will be restored.
    Ranks will ofcourse also be transferred.

Note: I will provide a download link in a later topic to download the old Survival world.
    Factions
    Factions will also get a full reset and a huge update. It could be that Factions remains offline for a certain period of time because this update will take a lot of time.​

5. What about the other servers?
    As long as there are no huge issues with features in 1.9 the other servers will remain the same.
    1.9 features will be disabled if needed to balance out the servers. (For example the new arrows and potions etc)

6. What about Hideandseek, Prison and Clay Clash?
    Hideandseek is offline because of too many bugs. I have no access to the source of this plugin, so I can't fix it. We will have to wait until the external developer fixes his plugin.

Prison has been in the work for years now. @Brammes has put numerous hours into the project but he decided that he has no longer time to do this. Therefore, I have decided to take over the project.

Clay Clash is our first custom made minigame. This takes tons of time and since @ilias85 (and I) are still in school this project could still take a lot of time to be completed. Especially since we are working on another project at the moment, that has a higher priority than this one.

If you have any more questions, feel free to comment below.

Kind regards
    Jelle

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nobody4life Obsidian Miner Staff Member Forum Moderator

But on the positive note, later this week we release something new.

Btw I love 1.9
    Its fun, its good

• Like Like x 1
  3. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

I don't see anything negative in this topic, but indeed, some people might do!

4. Döneraffe Gold Miner DRC Veteran

Is there a kitpvp reset?

5. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

i saw tons of people saying there would come a reset,
    but i actually didnt expect a full reset.

btw. people that donated for heads, do they get them back?

6. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Yes, I don't think anyone (or at least not many) expected a full reset. I'm sure this is going to be epic, not sure if the Survival server will be able to keep up!

Yes, heads will also be restored, I added this to the topic just now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JohnSenpaiYT/Laharl927 Gold Miner DRC Veteran

nuuu my money 0.0 rip money well i have to spend it all...

8. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

I can enable TNT for the last days/weeks of Survival? :innocent: jk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. JohnSenpaiYT/Laharl927 Gold Miner DRC Veteran

xD enable it i want to boom my base hehe
    --- This message was merged, Mar 1, 2016 ---
    But how about our stuffs? @JelleDRC

10. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Read the topic.
    If you're talking about survival: full reset. This includes money and stuff.

11. lokstofje Iron Miner DRC Veteran

my money .... first time in my life i have more than 100k and than oh yes lets talk about that new 1.9 reset :\ And all the stuff gone too ???

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

So yes, your stuff will be gone too. Some people had 1.5 million dollars, so a fresh start will be epic :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Could i keep my beacons i got from donating for other People?

14. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

No. We do not encourage donating for others. This is at your own risk.

15. JohnSenpaiYT/Laharl927 Gold Miner DRC Veteran

xD geel's money R.I.P (1.5million)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Pretty sure he wouldn't mind starting over again. I've had people ASK for a reset because they don't know what to do anymore.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

Maybe a good idea that everybody puts their valuables at one place to see what this world gave us :)

18. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

But what is factions without gapples? If you cant make gapples anymore.. then whats the fun in playing factions?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Give me a second, I'll check what the total amount of money was :)
    Ordering balances of 363,461 users, please wait...

20. FuturexPlayz DRC-VIP Gold Miner DRC Veteran

is the stuffs like diamond , emeralds , stones , wood , will go away too ?? or it will be like the last reset ? ( 1,7 to 1,8 )

Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.