Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Others' started by SwekSenpaiPRO, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

DRC Network.

Network.

Where's the Network?

-----------------
    All of the staff respond to every suggestion like this: No, it isn't good for the server and won't help.
    Oh, and doing nothing's good for the server?

Well, why not try to add something?

Running a server takes time and requires patience
    so why avoid all of that ? | Talking to the staff

Also talking to you Jelle, it seems that Reynout
    almost became the server owner or whatever.

I know you guys did a great job in the past but that doesn't
    mean you can do ''nothing'' right now.

Alright, you are allowed to throw hate at me right now,
    but do you really think DRC won't
    die in a short amount of time if they won't add
    something new in the server, or won't bring back the ''Network''

Nah

--------------------------
    Fix your stuff DRC if you want the server to stay alive

pls

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

We ain't doing "nothing". Look at creative? Look at kitpvp. That's "nothing" for you? Ok. I love the honest opinion. We are taking a look at ALL Suggestions. But some are just not right or impossible for the server.
    Example:
    - Bring skywars. The plugin isn't up to date with 1.10 or even 1.9.
    - Add mobarena. Same story. Not even up to date with 1.8.
    Some things are just impossible to add. Or some takes tons of times to add. Don't worry we doing our best backstage to add as much suggestions as possible and to make it as Nice as possible for everyone!
    Thanks though for the honest opinion.

Offtopic: how even does it seems like I am a second owner ? :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

Where is @Anesitas ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

forgot about him; same story as for Reynout

5. Andie Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Just a quick question. What do you mean by doing nothing? And who is doing "nothing"? Don't answer "the staff", I want to know who exactly ain't doing nothing in your opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Jelle has been quite clear about this in his topic:
    The minigames cost a ton of money, but did not bring any. By keeping it up, we would be going bankrupt. Updating them was pretty impossible.

You are talking about past suggestions, we denied them, but explained why we did so.
    This does not mean we deny all, taking the suggestion from Joey as example, he told us how to make it a selfsupporting server, making it easy to keep track of how much money we gain or lose on it.

I have to be honest with you, I find it pretty weird that this topic got made in the first place.
    If you feel that there are suggestions that should not have been denied, then why did you not create a new topic to promote them in a new light?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

well, only responding to something adds nothing to the server. Listening and doing something with it does.

And if i had some suggestions i would post them. But come on, a build team of which only 1 person builds. An event team of which we have seen no/almost none events? That can be better. That's just a fact.

I'm not here to hate or whatever, just to say that something should be done with it. And making normal suggestions doesn't work, as we've seen in the past (except for the 1.8 pvp, but that also only happend after 80% of the server started complaining), so then like this, hmm?

Don't tell me you're happy with how the server's running right now, because i think noone is. Well good you're staff, because the staff's there to make the server run good :)
    --- This message was merged, Aug 22, 2016 ---
    Well, from what i've seen only a few Staff members are really active:

Reynout,
    Anesitas,
    You

The rest speaks for itself

8. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

You know, i love me a good discussion. I think everyone knows that, however this aint one.

A suggestion is a suggestion, its not something that we need to do immediatly. We need to overthink it, do research on how we would have to do it to prevent us from becoming yet another copycat.

I agree on the buildingteam and eventteam comment, keep in mind however that it is still us investing many hours of our time. You say that many seem inactive, but people like xcnix, koolmees, rebeeccc and maitecore have work in reallife.
    We can not just skip work to spend 12 hours in a row on building a new gamemode or world.

I invite you to bring new arguments, else it will just become a topic to blame us

9. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

Wait, you don't even you what's going on behind the scenes?

• Like Like x 1
  10. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

i know, but taking way too much time won't work in a situation like this. Only more people will leave because they think the teams do nothing.
    --- This message was merged, Aug 22, 2016 ---
    not blaming, just reminding.

------------------------

Well, since you are so keen on suggestions, here you have a few

• -It might be too late to still do this, but that ain't my fault-
    Bring that clay minigame and prison out. Those were 2 of the most hyped minigames in DRC as far as i know, but those projects just got rejected out of nowhere.
    • get the event team to make some cool events.
    Please not with a 2+ month time period in between. You want people to stay almost the whole time, not only when there are events.
    • Add towny.
    it's a cool gamemode, nothing more to add.

Overall, i think DRC just needs a rebrand. Think of it like starting from the start, since that's what we're almost doing.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

Thinking is something else than knowing.
    We (Event-team) have said many times that we are working really hard on an awesome project. Tho we are getting asked many times about it. I know it isn't the best thing to take too much time, but being patient to us would be a very nice thing in return for our hard work. Tho getting complaints like this all the time won't help us at all.

And at last, I won't talk too much about this because I'm not a part of this, the buildteam has only 2 members which work really hard. You can't expect that much from only 2 persons. Tho I'm getting allot for what I'm expecting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

didn't the build team have like 10 people?

13. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

They all left/were kicked. Only JPCore/Joey and DividedByZero are builders now.

14. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Indeed i run the buildteam now with only one builder on it, we still clear all the jobs they ask.
    We gave you a new creative world to build in and next to that a new kitpvp.

I think we work hard enough to give you the best we got.
    But no worries the end for DRC is not even near yet. Beware of my words friend,

Also @Anesitas said this too many times if you suggest anything, write this topic is 10% of a good suggestion.
    If you want prison do you know what prison needs? Search for plugins are they all up to date? To they fit each other?
    And also do we have time for this? If you know all this then you made a great topic.

Maybe you have time to make this topic we don't have all time to complete it. (And then i mean staff)

I'm not to most loved person on DRC but i do agree some of the arguments you said.
    We all have to work hard the Event-Team Buil-Team and the staff aswell i can't ask the mods to do anything better because they can't work with the plugins etc, the do a great job, always.

I already saw the project of the event-team you should know how much time and effort they put into it, the result will be amazing.
    And when plugins are updated which can take a while you should see thet DRC will start to upgrade again.

Time is very important and must be used wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Nobody4life Obsidian Miner Staff Member Forum Moderator

I love the fact: no staffmebers are online. They are inactive. Things like that.
    Before even thinking about saying something like that. Make sure you are online to see what is happening.
    This is how active YOU are in survival: (last 30 days)
    [​IMG]
    So I think we can shut up over the whole "active" thing.

And like other admins/ mods/ players did say.
    A server that does not create money, can't keep running.
    Eggwars for example. About 150 players. In total LESS then 25 euro in donations.
    Skywars, SG, HAS, etc. None of them even got enough donations in all their uptime to even pay the server for 3 months.
    This was the only way to keep DRC online.

And of course we lost a lot of players. We lost our biggest minigames.
    BUT: how many people do even still play minecraft (compared to 1/2 years ago)?
    Almost non. The minecraft hype is over.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Leon。 Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Time to step over to a new game such as CS:GO?

17. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

cs hype is over

18. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

well, Minecraft probably too since all suggestions get/got rejected

19. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

And let's talk ontopic now? As long as minecraft is still a thing, let's think what could make DRC a nicer place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.