Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by MrSwagMuch, Jun 28, 2016.

?

Do You Feel That DRC is Changing?

This poll will close on Jun 28, 2017 at 6:47 AM.
  1. Agree

2. Disagree

3. Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrSwagMuch Iron Miner DRC Veteran

Hey Guys!

My Name is Manny (MrSwagMuch), Today I want to talk about Drc's future. I've realized that DRC has started to go downhill, less people have been playing, servers have been down, People are complaining. My personal opinion, I've been finding DRC pretty boring. DRC has lost the flare of excitement you would have while playing. Most of this is due to the new updates in Minecraft such as 1.10. But DRC still can come back, the staff and members just need to find a way to make DRC great again. I know I'm being very vague and I might be offending many DRC players. But for those of you who agree, please say something. If you feel the same way as me, please vote in the poll above. This message is no threat or campaign, it is just to inform the DRC staff and members how the player feel :).

Regards,
    Swaggie

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Zathial Coal Miner DRC Veteran

RIGHT ON buddy that tis why i quit :D lol simple XD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. hamim Coal Miner DRC Player

Yes DRC is actually getting less peoples now only 40-50 nowadays and thy should add more games like pixelmon, prison, factions, etc.

4. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Prison WAS almost finished, the beta was a year ago. But it doesn't help if you add voteparty, that doesn't give you new players, it is just a nice extra. Please don't make more things like vote party but try to finish prison.
    Clay clash is the same story, it could've been finished already but there are always that many things that @JelleDRC wants to get first.
    I hope DRC isn't going to die, I hope it will stay a network and not just becomes a survival server. It depends on the decisions that Jelle is going to make for what DRC will become. For now, we just have to wait and give him some time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. XxPatriksLVxX Newbie DRC Player

There's no peoples playing in server, because there's no eggwars. I want eggwars back. :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

There was factions but it was a fiasco. 1) DRC always had some players work on factions but those players didn't know shit lmao. ( Being completely honest)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Most people thought factions was the safest gamemode to build something awesome without anyone ruining it. They didn't know they actually needed Survival. I had to send many people to survival, simply because they didn't want their "epic" castle to be griefed when they log back in, the next morning.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. hamim Coal Miner DRC Player

ya faction is made to be one of the griefing games but that is the challange of building a base which would hidden frm other players and protect us. Its like a war game aswell, where people make a team and fight for their base and protection. And thats the fun of this game. However, I wish there was a prison i love prison and pixel-mon.

9. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Problem is, like @H.R stated, there are only a handfull of guys that actually know what they're doing. Those guys come together in a faction and pretty much ruin the gameplay for every starting faction. It's how factions work, I know, but in all honesty, this needs a major rework, because it's always the big boys sitting on the kids, instead of trying to take on each other. In my opinion, it should be replaced with Towny.

10. hamim Coal Miner DRC Player

Okay, leave faction do prison please!

11. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Mistakes have been made. People grow up and MC isn't that big a deal anymore. Many of the drc faithful are getting out of their teens and have their life pulling at them. 2 of those people are vital staff that would make any change. I know the feeling because, even though I'm not 19, life pulls at me constantly. I don't even go to drc anymore to 'play'. I go to chat to the few friends that are left and maybe help some new person and make their day. The biggest problem is that drc needs like 4-5 staff at nobody4life's admin level who love the server and can work on it WITHOUT SCREWING IT UP AND CRASHING IT. Someone who loves the game but loves drc more AND is trustworthy not to go and cheat. There are many people like that out there. Doing minecraft server work isn't hard it's just time consuming to get it right. The biggest problem is who do you trust with that level? Unfortunately, there is a point where if you don't open up a little and let someone who loves the game and drc to help, then it will die just from inaction.

When on staff, I couldn't count the times I've offered to help. I realized there was nothing I could say or do that would be heard or given weight to. This was my biggest reason for leaving staff. It was too frustrating and life's too short for that. When I quit, there was all of a sudden the addition of building team and event team. And I thought drc had finally made decent decisions that would greatly help the server. And it did. But it was somewhat short lived because of lack of communication. So I will now turn this from a rant into a suggestion as to what I would suggest if I was able to be heard:

1. Promote and teach Anesitas and Reynout to be server level admins.
    2. Get rid of dead staff. It's pitiful to have to remind staff to come online. If they don't care it shows in the amount of time spent online.
    3. Quit upgrading to the latest Minecraft. Go look at the big servers and make sure you can login to your server after playing on theirs. It's counterproductive to make players have to exit their MC and relog into the newest version just to play on your server.
    4. Play more on your own server. Or start listening to the people who are tops in each game/mode/server. This could even be a loose knit team who can make suggestions to the server level admins.
    5. Install 1.8 combat plugin for kitpvp whatever is on that server.
    6. Quit upgrading to the latest Minecraft. I know I already said that but Find a version that plays well and stick to it. Why wreck everything and create days of work to upgrade to an unproven version? That time could be spent fixing bugs and playing instead.
    7. If there is any way I can help please ask. I know we have butted heads, but I care more about drc than I do my time. I would be willing to help if you would be willing to accept that help.

It pains me to see drc in the shape it's in.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

yes thats exactly what i though, moderators that are hardly online on the forum as well as in game should be removed. same for the building and event team. there was just 1 event. i do not know what they are doing behind our backs but things that i heard is that they are not bussy with that kind of stuff anymore.

i also agree with your first statement. we are getting older but now are people from like, 10 years already playing minecraft. so there are enough potential new kids but a cracked server with online survival, slither and skyblock is not attractive. bring back the servers that are offline, bring back events.

i know that what i told is 80% the same as doc said but this is what i wanted to say

(ps: sorry for my bad english grammer and vocabular)

• Like Like x 1
  13. hamim Coal Miner DRC Player

I am a trustful guy who really love this server alot... I also help many peoples in various ways but i never get any chance to become a mod or builder.. I am also good with world edit and other basic commands.
    --- This message was merged, Jun 28, 2016 ---
    and i am online like 12 hrs a day

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

hamim, you are a Noob. It says so right in your tag :tearsofjoy:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Well I am agreeing with doct here. (Not because he suggest to promote me and Anesitas to server level admins) but just in general. I understand his point.

In my opinion we have to put online the server who are offline atm. Finish the things first before releasing newer stuff. Split the work so we can release more and better things. I am sure some of the DRC'ers have some secret talent. Like some builders are trurly beast in building, and I see some awesome buildings in progress in survival.

#MakeDRCGreat

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Liar you just want to be admin smh jk

Jelle knows what to do with factions :)

17. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

@drdoct 's second suggestion is pretty much why I resignated from being a server moderator. Not doing your work is one thing, but not even joining the server is worse. When you waste time playing yourself, you can have the player's view of things and provide more valuable suggestions and take note of bugs faster.

In any case, while I'm still forum moderator, I'd like the staff team to know that I will be available to help with anything. If you need a slave to do repetitive work for you (e.g. writing the signs for renting a cell in prison), just poke me and I'll help out. Mainly in weekends ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Fix factions and 10 people will be happy.

It's not a fix this or fix that. It's caring for the whole body of drc. Factions would be nice to have. As would prison. As would all kinds of minigames. But it's pissing in the wind to put all these out and then not maintain them or make them obsolete because you have to have the latest Minecraft version no matter the cost. Simple caring and time goes a long way. I have nothing against the other mods who are active to not list them, it's just I know Anesitas and Reynout care for the server AND are interested in minecraft server work which is different from being a mod. Completely different.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

You don't even need to update to a newer version for the server to let people with 1.10 join. Atm I am just using 1.10 and I can join every server, even while the big servers are 1.8/1.9, viaversion is sooo useful.

20. thommy_99 Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Everyone playing since 2015 or 2016 mostly know nothing. The server will always seem to go downhill for certain people after some time. I said that when the countryban was lifted and the community was divided into 2 groups: the new people who spoke languages the old players couldn't understand and the original Dutch or Belgian players. The group of dutch and Belgian players hasn't been growing a lot since then. Most of the 'new' people already played some years ago and came back, but we already lost an enormous amount of players. I think the same is happening in the English community, but there will be way more new English players than Dutch players so there should be no reason to complain for you guys. I hope you realise the community of this server has been going downhill ever since I joined back in 2013 with only some minor moments where veteran players decided to come back. The same will happen to the English community as it is inevitable. Just don't moan about the server going downhill if you only play here for less than a year!

TLDR: Don't try to feel important if you only play for a few months

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.