Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rejoy, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Well, dracindo is the only forum staff who can ban on forums. And a lot of threads are not closed which makes me think... Dracindo might need a little help. All the help others can do is click that report button and wait for him to respond. If some people can be a forum mod, it would speed up a lot of things and make drc forums a lot more organized.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

i think the report button is good enough but nobody use it (i think) but maybe this is a question for Dracindo

• Like Like x 1
  3. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

All staffmembers can close topics, all staffmembers can ban in the shoutbox and all Admins can forumban as well as dracindo can.
    However, point taken, we will be more alert on topics

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GigantDude Event Team Event Team

I disagree with you @Rejoy , Dracindo is doing his work good and maybe People should use the Report Button more so it will Go smoother.

And what @Anesitas said, they already have enough permissions to do most of the work

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MotoG3 met Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

When they all forget the fact that we actually have a lizard as Forum mod. How would he not be able to handle this?

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

OK then, can u add a bump button? Cuz using the report button is kinda silly.. Cuz it's not exactly a report you know?

7. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

But bumping is exactly what we are against, if a topic dies, it dies for a reason.
    You can use to report button for all kinds of stuff, not just negative behaviour

8. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Oh okay, I didn't know that admins could ban xD well you can close this topic if dracindo is okay

9. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Actually, I'm not okay. Almost all of you have written my name and nobody took the effort to tag me on it. :rage:

But seriously now:
    Staffmembers can do the same basic things that I can do. This is what a forum moderator has to do:
    • * Handle reports
    • Remove / edit posts and topics that don't follow the rules
    • (Temp)Ban / warn the poster of said posts
    • * Unban or reduce the time of the ban
    • Close topics that are a month old
    • Move closed topics to the Archive (trashbin) section
    • Move topics that are not in the proper section
    • Merge posts that aren't automatically merged and topics that are about the same issue.
    • Other minor things I might've forgotten to mention ... ... ...
    Everything with a * indicates something I can do that other staffmembers can't (I believe, there may be some differences). So honestly, a forum moderator can't do that much more, however, unlike other staffmembers, I have to do these things, while other staffmembers may do this. Of course, they have to remove and punish users when they come across these negative posts.

Though it may be a rather long list, it's really not that difficult of a job. Whenever I'm bored on the forum, I look for old topics to close and move them so that all users are no longer bothered with it. If you believe I need to work a bit harder on it, then I will. But there's no need to hire another forum moderator.

Also, a bump button? Next to @Anesitas' quote, I can see how that's going to get abused rather quickly.
    Just keep using the report button if you believe a topic needs a bump and I'll leave a proper response. Perhaps I'll make a reminder announcement for it, but for now, use reports for bumping when:
    • Nothing happened on an unfinished unban request for 4 days
    • No staffmember has reported on a report after 3 days of making the topic
    Nothing else needs a bump. If you want to bump it, then don't bump it, but continue where the topic left and provide some new arguments to keep a topic going.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Ok if you are ok with it, then you or anyone else can close this topic xD
    And sorry for not tagging ya! forgot about tagging :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.