Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Saté :^), Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saté :^) Newbie DRC Player

After reading the forum rules and seeing you could get a forumban for replying on threads that are directed to staff:
    [​IMG]
    Since all unban appeals are meant for staff, isn't it a good idea to make the subforum "Unban request" so that only staff members can reply to the topics that are posted in that section (And the original poster ofcourse).

So people who aren't staff (Or the original poster of the topic) will see:
    [​IMG]
    This might be a good idea since it it happens occasionally and some people get banned for it.

It will probably reduce the amount of forum bans a little :^)

-Saté

2. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

You may also not react at ban aanvraag* topics but the maker, de staf and the one that is aangeklaagt* may react so how do you give the permission to the aangeklaagde* to react?

You Said About unban topics but i think that ban aanvraag* topics also needed to be their, its 0,5+0,5=1

*i dont know what that is in English

Sended with my awesome IPad Air from an BMW X6M

3. AngeloHo Gold Miner DRC Veteran

[​IMG]

Your reason why this a bad idea is invalid, because he was talking about the unban requests.

If this is possible, then i don't know why it shouldn't be added. If it isn't possible, then they could consider to change the sub-forum title to 'Unban request (staff only)' instead just 'unban request'.

4. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

The problem is that either everyone is allowed to respond or staff. It might be possible to give a specific person permissions, but not programmatically. In other words, you'll first have to contact an administrator of the forum to ask for permission to create a topic and respond to all unban requests before he can make an unban request. And when the unban appeal is finished, the admin must not forget to take away his permissions.
    I don't think we can set it in the way describe, though it sounds heavenly. I'll see if there is anything like this out there.
    If we put (staff only) like that, it might frighten people to even visit the page or make them believe they may not post anything there.

5. AngeloHo Gold Miner DRC Veteran

That is possible. How does 'Unban request (Only staff may react)' sound?

6. Saté :^) Newbie DRC Player

Well, there is this other forum I'm on that also uses Xenforo and they have a few subforums that work like what I suggested (like for the unban appeals, Q&A (Can be viewed by other members but only the original poster and staff can post on it)), so I'm pretty sure it's possible.

7. UnDead_Assassin Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

No, just no. Why?
    Ex: Imagine if the autoban banned me for "water-walking"
    When i ask for unban ofcourse they are going to check logs etc. But what if i get away with it? When you get away with something most people want to try it again. So ill do it again right? Now imagine there was this random guy and he has a video of me using that hack, but he is not staff and cant react to the topic. He cant do shiz and ill just get away with my amazing hacks. And the random guy is a legit player like you.
    See my point? Thos is why people can react IF they have USEFULL INFORMATION to HELP the topic.

-UnD

8. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

IMPORTANT!
    There will be no discussion about the interpretation of these rules and how they are applied or changed.
    i think there was a rule to not posting in staff topics but i think it got removed?

9. bravo229 Guest

10. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Posting the video without the permission would still get them forumbanned.

They always have to request permission, so might as well send the link in a ban request, right?

11. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

I will look into this.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.