Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bruqaj, Oct 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruqaj Iron Miner DRC Veteran

Gamemode: Kitpvp
    Extensive explanation of the suggestion: Increase the kitpvp combatlog timer to 30 seconds instead of 10. It would be even better if you could make the pvp arena a worldregion where logging off = instakill.
    Why we should implement this: The primary reason why you should implement this is because combat loggers are ruining the gameplay. Why would you take the risk and lose $500 in potions/gapples/epearls if people are just going to combat log? There is no risk = reward, only loss.
    There are some people who have mastered the art of combat logging and they really take it to the next level. They run and while they do that, they just press Alt+F4 and you can't do anything about it. You don't realize how frustrating this is until you lose a lot of money for nothing. You kill people to get money and then waste it to people who run like rabbits and after that they harass you in /msg.
    This is an issue with the server and it is ruining it. Why would you even have a combat log plugin if it doesn't work properly?

If you do consider of implementing the worldregion idea and it doesn't exist then I would gladly collaborate on making a plugin that does exactly that (Coming from a C# background). This is how frustrated I am with this whole situation.

Have a good day.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Hello

You do realise that we'll have to increase the teleport timer as well then? Otherwise people who have teleported back to the spawn will get killed as well.

Kind regards

3. Bruqaj Iron Miner DRC Veteran

People who do /spawn get "freed" from their combat timer after the teleportation is successful. I'm pretty sure that the essentials API supports that. There is a big difference between standing still 5 seconds and moving 10 seconds and logging.
    The second idea(worldregion where logging = dead) would still be a better overall idea.

Edit: Disabling teleporting while in combat would also work I guess.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  4. Bruqaj Iron Miner DRC Veteran

@JelleDRC , Tagging just in case you forgot to respond

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.