Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Joey / JPCore, Aug 9, 2016.

?

Map choice:

1. New map? (No)

16.7%
  2. New map! (Yes)

83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

DRC,

To keep it short and friendly, no-one likes the map that me and @Reynout123 gave you.
    Poor to see, indeed.
    After that, other complainers joined.

But, i'm still here and active. This topic has been made to gather as much 'dreammap' info as we can!
    I don't have any 'Go a head' so thats why this is still a suggestion.

♦ Required:

♦ Bigger then the current map? Yes/No

♦ Theme? (Like ; steampunk, modern, medieval, classic, nature, etc)

♦ Levels? (Like ; Underground/Clouds/main land, or all. (Or costum)).

♣ Crew:
    ♣ I'm still looking for well talented builders.
    ♣ Active, teamplayer, creative and pushers to achieve the best product.
    ♣ It is possible, this server has very talented players, i don't need good builders.
    ♣ I need teambuilders and creativity.
    ♣ We increase our own skill every time we build.
    Join today! ○
    Link

I'd love to see this topic grow into one great suggestion topic for a new map.
    Like i said now we lost gamemodes, we have the beast up our current modes.

• Thanks for suggesting •

JP

2. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

I like the new map but if there comes a map i Will help ( i.e. This information :) )

- Not bigger, in my opinion a little big smaller
    - i think there has to be more then just 1 theme, i think 2 themes like modern and mediëval like, south = medieval, north= modern and than in the middle a combination or a other theme
    - there Has to be a mid in the map, like we now have or the last map.
    - i think its nice to have Some underground but not to much that you cant find eachother and normal level with Some hills.
    - maybe Some camp spots, i know that a lot of people hate Campers so you Could make a camp post at the edge of the map

In my OPINION this would make a map for every kind of pvp'er

Send with my awesome IPad Air from a BMW X6M

3. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

The biggest problem with the map is that it's too big for what we have right now. Last night I took a stroll around it and it's a good 15 minute walk or even more. I love a big map but big map plus lower player count equals too long to get action. So Probably half that map (I think there's pretty much a divider already half way if I remember right). Maybe just put in a wall with worldedit and play half for now. I actually like the buildings and features and the fact that there are some tricky places to run through with the fire/etc. Add in 30 players and it would be rocking.

All I would change would be jumppads so people can go out together without taking 3 yrs to find each other. This makes it fun and a group thing. Then at a minimum, you could camp somewhere close to the pad and see life on the map. I'm game to help test anything you need. I'm pretty flexible and can stay on task without chasing shiny things. As to being a good pvper.... nope, that's not me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Joey, in my opinion, use the old map with the jump pads but do a little bit of renovation. The oldest map is always the best map. I have played all 3 maps and the first one was the best one. You can just edit some towers and add easter eggs which I can do since I am good with Redstone.

5. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

The first one would be the current /warp pvp arena. It were good times indeed, but I think that one's a bit too small.
    But the one you're probably thinking about was my least favorite map.

I honestly prefer random tp over jumppads, as a solo player. And even if you team, just skype call or use teamspeak to find eachother. But if you do bring back jumppads, make sure you can leave fall damage enabled and allow players to drop in every direction (north, east, south, west).

Regarding the map:
    - Smaller would be nice. Not as small as the very first kitpvp map, but a little bigger than that would be great.
    - Theme: We've always had something medieval or casual. Maybe something that fits the DRC style more? Like a beach, with a volcano, jungle and our Rasta guy somewhere.
    But to use 2 styles like medieval and modern, that would look messy, I think. Especially if you plan to make a smaller map.
    - Levels: A little bit of everything would be nice.
    1. Underground: Something like that one camping spot of the first kitpvp map, with only 1 entrance. I can show it to you ingame if you don't know/remember.
    2. Sky: A few clouds where snipers can "safely" do their thing, with an extra secure spot that requires decent parkour skills or jump boost buff.

6. bys1 Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Modern, with underground research bases where doctors and/or rasta men are working.

7. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

i liked the size of the map we had before this one, maybe a little bit less mountains and hills, its irritating while pvping.
    also the fire is irritating and triggering everyone.

What i want in a new map:
    Less mountains/hills and fire.
    More houses and points in the map that the players can call something, like in the older maps we would say: Come to the big trees for 1v1, come to city for 1v1, come to the castle for 1v1.
    now the only thing we can say is: come to mid.
    More houses and try to add custom trees, i also could help with that (cuz i got some experience)
    id love to help with a new map.

Hope you can do something with this information :) @Joey / JPCore

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

I like that you want to help but i'm only going to do this with Builders or members of the EventTeam, so they can add a an event while launching the new map.

To keep it short;
    1/4 Smallers (25% smaller) then the current map.
    Call-able locations, like: 'bridge', 'south torwer', etc.
    Detailed nature, clear fight spots.

•I see uunderground level, no highground?

•And a theme? I do need a one, that fits kitpvp.

Also i've brainstorming about this before i was going to bed.
    The map will be raised like e few maps back wat the water around it, this will come back.

The next thing i'll need is a Go A Head from @JelleDRC
    Utill now i like the suggestions but don't make it to hard for me i like building but i only have 1 additional builder this project could take weeks to finish.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

How about some dark and dead instead of light and colorfull?
    Something like the caves and dungeons in "The Hobbit" (and lord of the rings). Of course, with enough lighting. There can be halls, bridges, holes, a water flow ending or coming from a well lit water pool, lava rivers, statues of demons, ...

Perhaps (if you no longer need the current poll) you can change it with a new poll, where you add some themes that people have requested or will request that you like.

10. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Jumppads 'random' tp is for lizards.

Oh and take down all the staff members everywhere in spawn. It reminds me of North Korea having to have statues of their dear leaders everywhere.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Steampunk would look nice. With some airships, zeppelins, planes, submarines. ( steampunk themed ofc o-o). Dont make the map too big otherwise people will complain again. If you go for the steampunk theme you can surely add some cool buildings and as mentioned above in the sky as example airships zeppelins etc. An underground trains tation could be an option for the underground. Some cities in the sky.

Besides the map itself I would highly suggest updating the 1v1 arenas.
    The pilars become really annoying after time. Just make it like this

Flat areas further from spawn, high up in the air, with glass as walls. It's clean and enjoyable.

I wish the buildteam the best of luck in creating the map.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

I picked Doc out to help me out for some idea's and we figured something out.

Like i already said it will be an island suround with water.
    The island will be 30/40 blocks high on the coast line like few maps back.
    With that high raised land i will explode some holes to make some underground area's for lizards to camp.
    And next to this all i'll edit the surface with some buildings and minimalistic nature, with with enough details to enjoy.

Need any change?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

yes. make sure to do the terraforming correct, like in this map the mountains are 100% out of dirt, make sure to use stone,cobble,andesite. it takes some longer but its defineatly worth it @Joey / JPCore :)

14. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Nature won't be any problem it's my best skill. Now i need a yes fom Jelle him self.

15. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Joey, if u need help in Redstone or easter eggs, just send me a conversation.

16. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

No redstone needed, i wan't to see smooth fights. So redstonelag wouldn't be a problem.
    And maybe some easter eggs but i'll keep minimalistic.

17. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

What server is this suggestion for exactly? are you gathering info for your next map overall?

18. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Yes, i'm trying.

19. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Already new map. Thanks tho for this topic.
    Topic closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.