Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nlownzzzz, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlownzzzz Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

in kitpvp alot of people dont want to get killed by other people and pay them to get team.
    but i heard that this is not bannable, cause pvp is on own risk.
    but why can this not be bannable, if you can prove that this scam happend.
    i would like to see this as a new rule.
    i know pvp is on own risk but still you have to do something to be save for some people, and the only idea i know how you could be save for those people is by paying them to not get killed.

i think if this would be a rule that kitpvp is more fun for other people then only the diamond/ranked people.

greetz.
    NLoWnZzZz

2. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Kit Player Versus Player.
    Not
    Kit Player versus Team

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

I can't remember if I'm allowed to post here as a member. But I can help answer this because I was a big advocate of the current policy.

1. I detest people who say 'Pay X amount and I'll be team'. It's the dumbest thing to do paying for team. And yet people fall for it.
    2. There is no way to prove what amount of protection or teaming was provided for the amount given. So when I pay you to team and you team with me for 2 hrs or whatever and end up killing me, I'll then make a ticket to get you in trouble because it's what people do. Me as a staff member would go through your info and their info, sometimes like 50 different pages of just junk you've done only to not be able to prove either way. So in order to protect people who are honest (though detestable), I lobbied for not looking at it as scam. That doesn't mean it's not a scam. It is. But in the effort to not get in a he said/she said situation where it just depends on who you trust more (which isn't fair), I thought it was better to let you guys play the game. In the end, I think it evens out and it encourages people to be friendly and make teams.

I'LL SAY IT AGAIN THOUGH, DO NOT PAY PEOPLE FOR TEAM!

The people you're paying don't care about your safety and will turn and kill you just for fun since it's pvp.

Same goes for agreeing to be team (for no money) and turning around and hacking the poor bastid to death just for a kit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

It's a suggestions topic. I think everyone van give their opinion.

Imo it's scam. But not banneble. Because still pvp is on own risk. If you don't trust the person who you are going to mag for team, then don't team with him. If you trust him and may him? It's Your responsability. It's YOUR money and you do whatever you want to do with it. No one force you to team for money.

Greetings Reynout123

5. FuturexPlayz DRC-VIP Gold Miner DRC Veteran

one time , a player told me , pls team ! I pay you 2K money ...
    I denied it , because I don't see what is the point there , you lose your money to get team ...
    really , its unfair 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 .. but you don't have to pay money to be all team !
    you have to train to improve ! and kill them ... that's what I do ;p

6. ItzJeBoyStijn Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Rule 2: Do not steal /scam from other players.
    This rule means that you are not allowed to steal stuff or money from other players. This also includes scamming. Use a chest-shop to trade safely.

It is scam, so it should be bannable. You can say 'PvP' is at own risk, but actually this is more 'trading'. In MY opinion EVERY form of scamming should be bannable, as long as there's enough proof.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

The only thing we can pretty much do to resolve these money scams easily, is to simply take away the /pay command.
    The first use of money is to buy items in the shop. If need be, we will improve the shop, so you have more use of money there.

And I agree with @drdoct , it's a real pain to go through the chatlogs to find the conversation and you need to be able to prove that they killed after the deal. And even then, your PaidPal (hehe) could've accidently killed you, because 3 of you tried to kill 1 guy and his OP killed you because you were low or had terrible armor.

And like @Anesitas :
    My advice:
    Don't pay for teaming. You make no friends, you lose money and it's most certainly temporary.
    If you still wish to team, make friends with some greenies, people who just started. Over time they'll get better, you made new friends to have more fun and you got a team for free. And if someone's so strong, I don't ask for team. I'd go in the and try to beat the hell out of 'em.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Holycrafter, I agree that we should rid drc of all scammers. Then the 12 players we have left would wonder where everyone went ;-P.

You wouldn't believe the lies, scams, cheating, forgeries, double crossing and nastiness coming out of the people. I mean, if there is a way to break a rule, they're doing it. Even all the way to ddos attacks. I realize when you think of drc you may think of Holland with tulips and windmills. But it's really more like the rasta part of Jamaica where if you get off the 'good' street, you'll end up mugged or dead. And heck, that's just talking about the staff, it's even worse when we start talking about the PLAYERS! :D. There comes a point where you can't control everything people do and so you just have to let them play. Sometimes that means a pvp at your own risk policy. Staff does the best job they can at keeping a very dishonest group as honest as they can be with the tools provided.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. nlownzzzz Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

And I agree with @drdoct , it's a real pain to go through the chatlogs to find the conversation and you need to be able to prove that they killed after the deal.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    but what if you can prove he scammed by screenshots just like hackers you need prove what if you can only make this bannable if you have a screenshot of the deal and when he killed you?

the other person can react on it with his reason or just no reason and just scammed you.

cus there is no other way you can be save for some people so people wont play, they just dont play when that person is online.

10. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

All I can give is how it WAS for me when I was staff. As for how it is... that's pretty much an owner/admin job I guess. I just know there is so much lying to get each other in trouble that you really can only go by what you can prove. And there have been times when the video itself was a bit of a stretch due to editing. Even to the point of one time seeing a screen shot that someone took and they replicated the chat to make someone else say something. At first glance it looked open and shut. But once you really examined the jpg, you could tell the font wasn't quite right and the color was a little off. So yeah people are constantly working overtime to get the people they can't beat to be banned.

11. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

I hereby vote for drdoct as public speaker. Due to his experience, country (freedooom) and age. This man knows what is up and seems tp have no trouble to write it down.

Scanning by screenshots is even worse, you are trading money for a service. We can not check if he killed you with his bow because he was shooting the person you were chasing. So in the end it would become yes/no for rouhgly 2 pages

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

The network has had its time to let itself be heared. We will not make a rule that supports blackmarket money

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.