Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Others' started by AHMEDX_YT, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHMEDX_YT Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

This suggestion is basically about kitpvp.

Explanation:

In kitpvp, to level up we need to get the required points for that particular level (which increases as you reach higher levels). So it basically gets tougher to level up as you reach higher levels.

Secondly, after each kill a player makes he gets half a point extra for that kill. So basically the higher a persons kill-streak the more faster he levels up.
    But if that player dies he loses his kill-streak and so does he lose the points he was making. (therefore, after the player dies he again starts by receiving half a point on his next kill). What i mean here is that a player with a higher kill-streak receives more points than a player with a lower kill-streak.

This was the explanation for the leveling up process on the kitpvp server.

My suggestion:

For example, player 1 earns 400 points per kill to level so in short he has a kill-streak of 200.
    Player 2 has a kill streak of 20 and so earns 10 points on his kills.

So if player 2 kills player 1 his kill-streak should (as usual increase to 21) but his points earned should jump to '410' [that is 400+10]. This means if a regular player gets an op player he should be receiving a better reward.

So it will be easier for player 2 to level up only if he manages to get that "big kill". I hope staff got my point here. Player 1 can again get his points back by killing player 2 but of-course not the kill-streak.

Reason:

I think that this should be done to the server as by now we can see the leader-board has players not more than level 28.
    Moreover, as we can do /level this could also help regular players to target the "good ones" which would help them in leveling up faster. (/level shows the points earned by that person).

Adding up, this will also create interest in minds of new players joining the server and existing old players will also be more and more engaged in playing. (more fun). This is because, after a player with a kill-streak in 100s or more dies, it gets boring for him as he levels up really slowly then.

This suggestion was thought by me. I really hope ill get a good response. Its a new way of playing kitpvp. I hope staff will ponder about my idea.

Thanks for giving time everyone.
    :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ranger_Mann Gold Miner DRC Veteran

I don't think it's a good idea, because new players aren't interested in their levels, so this would only interest people who have got a lot of diamond and now pvp for the levels.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NathanAlbertini Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

So wat you mean the ppl whit rank or a big team get more xp ? Not a really smart plan.

4. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

I'm guessing he means that players who kill other players with a high killstreak get more xp. That a guy with a junior kit and a killstreak of 100 will earn you more xp than then a guy with a Titan kit and no killstreak.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

A little offtopic:
    Why didn't you post this on the english forums?
    I can understand if you wanted the opinion of the Dutch players, but at least ask the english (and google translate pro) users first if you make an english topic if you make your suggestion topic english.

5. AHMEDX_YT Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Dracindo thanks for clearing these guys. You got what i meant. Plus i post on dutch cause its a dutch server and i get more response on these forums rather than english. Plus i didnt use translator cause its a long suggestion so maybe translator would translate some stuff with other meanings. I hope you got my point here.
    --- This message was merged, Sep 15, 2015 ---
    As for ranger_mann: when a random new player (if good at pvp) will be seeing his name on the leaderboard. He will surely then be 'interested' in the game. And ofcourse kitpvp is only fun for those who are decent at pvp.

New players will enjoy more after they come to know that they can compete with the 'big guys' and catch up with them quickly.

You are saying guys in diamond will then rule but sorry thts even not close to what im saying. Diamond guys will not benefit by killing noobs or beginners with 5 or 10 killstreak. These dia guys (if capable enough) will also have to make that big kill on someone to 'rule'.

Guys its just a suggestion. And i just want it for the betterment of DRC so that its more fun to play there. No other personal aims i swear (as a guy just pointed out)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  6. topvennie Gold Miner DRC Veteran

so, player 1(400 points) kill player 2(5 points). player1 has 405 points. Player 2(0 points) kills player 1(405 points). Player 2 has 405 points. Player 2 goes off. Player 1 kills player 3, 4, 5, ... Player 1 has 350 points. Player 2 goes on and kill player 1. Player 2 has 750 points. Player 1 and player 2 are good friends so they do that for a while. After a while, player 2 has 2000 points. He maks kills with help from player 1, so he can easy level up. Player 2 has a good amount of levels and its player 1 his turn. Player 1 (0 points) kills player 2 (2000+ the points he got from killing people= 2600 points). Player 1 has 2600 points. he makes a lot of kills with help from his friend....

Sorry for my english but I hope that you got my opinion.

7. AHMEDX_YT Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Topvennie, thanks for the comment and your english is really good dont worry.

I think you pointed out something very important and this surely is a problem. Thanks for that.

But i have got a solution, its really simple. Your concern is that 2 friends could use this new system in a wrong way right?
    The first time player 1 kills player 2 after that player 1 should only receive 'half point extra' from killing player 2 again for about 1 hour or so even if player 2 has a killstreak of 80 (for example).

So if both players spam killing each other for that '1 hour' or any time set by staff. It will be of no use. Both players will just receive half point extra in that time span.

So even if a player plays for 24 hours nonstop its not much use to him as doing 1 level mostly needs more than 100000 points or so.

8. topvennie Gold Miner DRC Veteran

And if there are 7 people on? After 15 min, everyone have killed everyone. So the, its over with making points for a 'hour' (or 30 min or whatever).

9. ItzJeBoyStijn Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Je krijgt toch 100 punten per kill als je een killstreak van 200 hebt? Bij player 2 doe je het dan wel weer goed :)

Voor de rest, ik vind dit niet echt een goed idee, alle meningen en argumenten tegen hierboven gelden ook voor mij :p
    Eigen toevoeging aan de meningen: Iedereen gaat juist 'jagen' op spelers met een hoge killstreak in plaats van op gewone spelers, 'niet jagende' speler: Niks te doen, want iedereen jaagt op die goede speler en hij gaat gegarandeerd dood als hij probeert dat ook te doen :)

Edit: Ja, Nederlands forum, Nederlands praten voor mij, vertaal jij maar ;)

10. AHMEDX_YT Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Totopvennie no u got me wrong. Isaid after first kill all players will receive points regularly just as you receive from players normally.

You are making all this very complicated. I wrote this suggestion long so everyone could understand it. Its infact a really simple and straightforward idea. And i think it will be very fun to play on drc with this 'feature' as its npt copied from any other server. @topvennie

Holycraft i translated your text and hardly understood what you said. I think my idea is really good if we think for every player on the server not just you who isnt good at pvp (sorry to say).
    Many players who r donaters will also be interested to play as they will want better kills and so will be more wanting to donate for server.

All in all, even if some people like you guys dont like my idea atleast i think it should be given a try as im sure it will bring no harm to server rather the server will be more fun. Theres nothing bad in trying something new so please stop critisizing so much.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  11. topvennie Gold Miner DRC Veteran

You heared my opinion, it's a no for me. It's true, Mostly I don't get you but I don't like this idea.
    One more thing: I hope you don't see my reaction as critising. I'm just trying to say to you why it isn't a no. Also other people's reaction are there because they don't get your idea or they so why it isn't a no or why it isn't a yes.

12. DVDV192 Stone Miner DRC Veteran

I think it's a good suggestion, it makes kitpvp a lot more challenging and probably it will reduce the donator teams also. Further to the argument of holycrafter, this problem is the case now also. People with a high killstreak are killing the new people. I think this suggestion is also more good for the new people because people with high killstreaks are hunting each other, so the new people may slightly do what they want.

Ik denk dat het een goede suggestie is, het zorgt ervoor dat kitpvp uitdagender wordt en misschien zorgt het er ook wel voor dat de donator teams verkleind worden. Om even terug te komen op jouw argument holycrafter, dit probleem doet zich nu ook al voor, mensen met een hoge killstreak killen nieuwe mensen (die een lage killstreak hebben). Ik denk dat deze suggestie ook goed uitpakt voor de nieuwe people omdat mensen met hoge killstreaks nu op elkaar gaan jagen, dus nieuwe mensen kunnen enigszins vrijer hun gang gaan.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

De gedachte is puur, enkel is het gewoon simpelweg onmogelijk, voordat je op het leaderboard staat ben je al lang geen nieuwe speler meer.

Als ik het systeem goed begrijp, klopt het dat er een fout zit in het voorbeeld? Speler 1 krijgt 400 punten dus heeft die een killstreak van 200, moet dat niet andersom zijn?

En wat gebeurt er als de persoon uit het voorbeeld door gaat? Hij blijft nu op 400+10, is zijn volgende kill 400+10.5? En als deze persoon nou dood gaat, krijgt de volgende dan 400+10.5 of 11 punten?

14. nlownzzzz Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

i think its a bad idea cus then there will be more and more teams to get together higher then its a team sport and if ou dont team you have no chance of getting on the scoreboard just like in games as agario teamers getting higher

15. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

I think you only say this because you always have a high killstreak

But I think its a good idea

16. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Speler 1 krijgt 400 punten en +1 bij killstreak.

Speler 1 krijgt 400 punten voor die ene kill. Als zijn volgende slachtoffer geen killstreak zou hebben, krijgt hij maar 10 punten (bijvoorbeeld).
    De punten moeten enkel gebaseerd zijn op de killstreak van de anderen.

Een beetje MMORPG logic:
    killstreak 0 ==> Lv 1 Rat = 1 xp
    killstreak 500 ==> lv 50 Dragon Knight = 51.000 xp
    Je kan dus 51000 ratten met 1 hit killen en veel tijd verspillen of in een gevecht van max. 5 minuten 51000 xp verdienen.
    Zo moet je spelers vergelijken in deze suggestie. Killstreak = het eigenlijke level, het bewijs hoe sterk iemand is, en hoe hoger deze is, hoe meer xp je ervan kan krijgen.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AHMEDX_YT Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

i think this is what i meant to say.

And yes anesitas killing a person with 0 kill-streak will earn the regular 0.5 point extra (example 400+0.5).
    And killing a person with 20 killstreak will earn 10.5 points extra ( example 400+10.5).
    So the half point is constant in all kills.
    I hope you got my point and thanks for giving time to this, staff.

PS please give it a try maybe its gonna be better than you guys think. If not, you staff can always remove the plugin. Like if it causes problems and stuff....

18. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Naar mijn mening heeft @AHMEDX_DUTCH het toch echt over een contstante 400 points. Ik hoop dat ik dit verkeerd begrijp want dat zou resulteren in ruim 1000 points ,na een paar dagen, per kill

De shutdown reward (MOBA players snappen het wel) invoeren vind ik een leuke toevoeging, zolang het niet hetzelfde effect geeft als de bounty "Omg mag ik je killen"

Also, gaat de killstreak registratie weg na offline gaan? Dit zou namelijk de hele toevoeging wegnemen

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. nlownzzzz Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

ik speel geen kitpvp meer dus dat heeft er niks mee te maken
    --- This message was merged, Sep 21, 2015 ---
    ik denk dat als je kilstreak kwijt bent als je offline gaat dat mensen zich dan expres door hun vrienden laten killen zodat hun vrienden de punten krijgen bijvoorbeeld 1 avond kan je al kilstreak van 200 hebben dan killed die vriend je en hij is 100 +0,5 punten rijker

20. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Mijn punt inderdaad, daarom moet de killstreak onthouden worden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.