Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by drdoct, Aug 2, 2016.

?

What kind of forum do you want?

1. Open discussions for comments

19 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Quickly closes to keep dissent or opposing opinions away

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDGAF

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Everyone admits, this forum is pretty much a dead zone. Could staff please let the forum topics stay open? I can't tell you how many times there are good discussions going along and it's like... TOPIC CLOSED. Completely civil topics. There isn't any reason to just shut down topics so quickly, unless you just prefer this to be an unban forum only.

If the topic does go off the rails, how about just removing the offensive posts and let it go from there and warn/ban the offenders? That way we can continue to have conversations. Even conversations that are for ideas. I realize staff wants neat and tidy... but it's a bit TOO neat and tidy. So I guess we'll see if it's "No, topic closed" or "wtf doc?", or even better "you know, we really do want a decent forum here".

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

You know, the last couple of weeks i havent been really active on DRC.
    But still, i 100% agree.
    9/10 of the posts on this forum are: Unban plos, Me did nothing wong etc etc.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Kappaccino69 Hunter DRC Player

First of all I'm very new on the forum, so I haven't really witnessed posts being deleted that early and don't know alot about it.
    But I defenitly agree that if for example an idea isn't approved by the staff, the thread doesn't have to be closed as other people can potentially come up with a better version of the idea that does make it a great feature to the server.

4. Bruqaj Iron Miner DRC Veteran

It would help a lot if posts in the unban request section would not show up on the New Posts page. Maybe it would be better if they would just hide the unban request section since there isn't a reason that it should be viewable for non-moderators. This might make people more honest in their unban request.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

I totally agree with this complaint/suggestion.
    The topic section is a bit too tidy, while the profile post section is a mess.
    Many profile posts with asking to look at someones unban topic or just Portuguese gibberish, while we need to talk English here, should be deleted or sometimes even be punished. (As spam)
    There are also too many unban topics, which I like to read, but not everybody does. You aren't permitted to react to these topics, so it's actually not that fun, to the fact that you can't give your opinions on those.
    Conclusion: Too many unban topics which we can't react to, but if there are topics which we are allowed to react to, then they are getting closed in a small amount of time. It's actually getting to a forum for staff-members instead for normal DRC-members.

• Like Like x 1
  6. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Bruqaj.... mah man.... 100% agreement. Even as much as I like the unban req, the shoutbox unban req are even better. I wish there was a warning before you posted in a staff only section. I can understand how it get's confusing if you are just looking at the new posts and click on a few.... next thing you know you go a little brain dead and get H.R.'d.

Besides, half the page of unban req are from one brazilian who can't understand why he can't curse everyone out while using killaura and making mountain size man part monuments with his 10 different accounts. Maybe it would be better if those were sheltered from us. Even better would be every other week the staff would get together and nominate a post for best unban req and they get their topic printed for the world to see how dumb they were. Heck, we're all here to have fun, so let's have it. MeMatty and Bruqaj, dang there's a reason you guys are my friends.... great stuff men. great stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

I still remember the time there were 2 forums, at the English one, very much posts were unban appeals, at the dutch forum, you saw games and suggestions and there were dutch people that didn't even look to the other forum. After a while, just before the merge, people started to make English games at the English forum.

Since the merge, you can almost say that the forum games merged too, there weren't more forum games than before. But the unban appeals didn't merge, there just came more of them while the staff didn't mind that, as a staff member you look different to the forum.

And there were suggestions. However, they always got denied.
    One of the suggestions was to make a new unban forum, so there won't be anything about unbans at the normal forum, it got denied.
    The suggestion suggested here about making it less visible came too, staff didn't like it.

It might cost very much time to do this all but if the staff just denies it without giving us the reason, we just think like the staff wont accept it so why would we try again.

So yeah, when a staffmember reacts to a suggestion it is mostly like added to suggestion list (we don't know what is on that list) or they say like this isn't possible or isn't useful and in both cases, they close the topic. When a user just wants to try to make something better, he has to make a whole new topic...

So there has to change something and only the staff can change things like this. I understand they will also look to what is possible but we will see.

Thanks for making such a suggestion doc, maybe it will finally change.

8. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

I will respond to this topic better later, so I will just going to explain something hallo_doei wonders.

The reason we close the suggestion topics is so that the discussion is a brand new one, players do not see your old suggestion, and thus they will look at it like most staff do.
    If we leave it open, it will full up with 'i agree' and the main purpose is lost.

About the buglist and suggestionlist. The buglist is made so that the admins can just check the list and see what server has what bugs and thus fix stuff easier.

The suggestionlist I made for idea's that are being supported by the main part of the forum or 2 or more staffmembers. As you guys know, Jelle will not answer every post, so just like the buglist. All he has to do is read the list ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

I will take note of whatever's written here, try to arrange some things, see if it sparkles and pleases with the other staffmembers and see if I can break out of my usual habits. If everything's okay, there will a small announcement with the changes as to how to forum will be handled and how to use the report button. (had 12 reports when I logged in today. 9 were the same and not even a good reason for a report)

As much as I like the idea of unban requests NOT showing up under new posts, mainly because I'm bumping it for the staffmember or the guy with the ban, I don't think this is possible. But I would upvote this if it is. Perhaps I can send a conversation or warning to the users, telling them they haven't responded recently and staffmembers in conversation or skype. Then you guys won't be bothered with those.

When it comes to me, I only close topics if they've been neglected for 30 days or longer (except unban request, if the banned guy didn't respond within 7 days). When it's closed sooner, it could be because things are getting out of hand. Maybe if the staff notices this, they may close it and now report it to me and I'll try to clean it, so you guys can keep responding to it once reopened.

When a suggestion isn't possible, then there's no real use going deeper into it, is there? But I suppose we can leave topics open to prove why something isn't usefull.

If it's really that much of an annoyance to you guys, we could say profile posts must be english only too, but that means no dutch either. Though, it's definatly time that I removed all "desban plox" profile posts.

Keep writing suggestions, what you like and don't like. I'll write them up and work things out this weekend.

10. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

I went ahead and removed the unban topics from the "new topics" view on the mainpage.
    If you have more in detail suggestions on new things to discuss, new categories, sections, let me know.

Topic closed. jk

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Bruqaj Iron Miner DRC Veteran

12. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

13. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

I don't mind that Portuguese people say something to each other, but they sometimes use the profile post section as a shoutbox. They don't react to someones post, they just make a new profile post to react to someone. (Like Xcnix also sometimes does/did, but that's just a 1 time occurrence) I hope you understand me in this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. GigantDude Event Team Event Team

Maybe because they don't learn english in school? Atleast theyre trying to communicate with the community and youre just bashing them.
    Instead of bashing them I suggest you help them with English.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. ItzJeBoyStijn Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

How to help them when they don't speak English and we don't speak Portuguese? Not reacting to this anymore, I'll delete my post before those haters are hating more.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

If you don't know Portuguese, ask someone who knows it.. or use Google translate. Just use your common sense to understand what the person is saying. You just need to interpret what Google translate is giving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

No more usefull opinions were giving within one month.
    We'll keep suggestions open until no other opinions were given.
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    Suggestion accepted!

• Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.