Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Arnim, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnim Coal Miner DRC Veteran

Guys,

the 1.7 was a really nice PvP version. Blockhit animations, the whole enemy got red when hit (not just under his armour).
    I guess all the real pvpers loved it.
    Then there were some "clever" peeps at Mojang that thought let's do the 1.8 update. Idk why they did this because it only decreased the amount of pvpers, though pvp is the thing, that keeps MC living.
    Now there are some even more intellgent peeps, that say: Lets do 1.9, to even make the last pvpers hate MC PvP

@JelleDRC I predict you, that if the kitpvp server updates on 1.9 your good KitPvp community will decrease fast.

Badlion/Kohi didnt even update on 1.8.
    The result is that they stayed rly famous PvP servers.

I appeal with this to all those real PvPers out there, to rate/comment this as a petition to JelleDRC to at least not update the KitPvP server to 1.9.

@Dracindo_ : You often mentioned the MC1.9 update in rsponding posts here. I dont understand why you support the 1.9 this much if you dont play kitpvp at least a bit. Pls understand that usually the donators/DRC players shoud decide (ofc in agreement with jelle) if kitpvp should be updated to 1.9. That shouldnt just be decided by a few players that even doesnt play pvp on drc. Many guy told me that they will quit drc if its gonna be updated to 1.9

Many things 1.8/1.7 pvp skill is based on are getting lost with 1.9: strafing, blockhitting, jitter/butterfly clicking.

I would be sad about the 45 € i spend here for good PvP if youd update the server.

Sent with my intelligent car entertainment system integrated in my Mercedes E63 AMG

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. KleineTom Gold Miner DRC Veteran

I already quit because of 1.8, it's so bad for pvp. 1.9 looks even worse, and I totaly agree with you. However, Jelle has said multiple times that he will change it to 1.9. It's a pity, but I understand Jelle's point and I guess we gotta deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. milkacow Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

I do understand your point, but i kinda started to like the 1.9 combat update. And yes, i DO Play Pvp. But in 1.9 it is less mouse spamming And more skill.

If It is really that bad, mojang Will know It too And Will reverse the updates, SO you better complain at their forums because It doesnt make sense if you complain over here.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  4. Essy Hunter DRC Player

I agree pvp will suck in 1.9. we will get use to it eventually. Change can be a good thing. Although I'm not sure of this at the moment.

5. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Main thing is lag and no. Of clicks

6. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

First of all, I can see why I wasn't tagged. It's Dracindo here and Dracindo_ in game. This symbol _ :p
    Next:
    I used to be kitpvp n°1 champion on this server, but then came the donator kits. And yes, I also took an arrow to the knee @thommy_99.

And most importantly, let me clarify this: I don't hate 1.9, neither do I love it. The reason: It's not officially released yet. I heard people playing snapshots or whatever, but that's no final release and no valid view on the 1.9 update in my opinion.
    It's like mommy always told me when I was young: You can't dislike this food if you've never even tried it.
    Anyway, if people quit because of 1.9, we'll complain at Mojang and other updated servers will too. Then Mojang will fix their shit in 1.9.2 and we'll upgrade to that and see if it's good.

The thing is, if we stay on 1.8 now (or even reverse to 1.7) for the pvp'ers, the people in survival (the main MineCraft gamemode) will complain, because they never get new biomes, items, etc,... and maybe certain crafting recipes change and they wonder why the MineCraft wiki is incorrect, or maybe important mechanics change, things like enchanting in 1.8. So we can't let those people suffer simply because of combat mechanics that will probably change again.

My overal opinion on 1.9:
    "Try it. Then judge it."
    And, like @milkacow said, if it sucks, complain at Mojang, since they screwed up, not us. We just keep updated.

Edit:
    Even if it's a combat update, survival free players will love this: the elytra, allowing you to glide.
    I reread the 1.9 update, and I mainly see good things. Only the actual combat part will be completely different and awkward the first day, but indeed, this update will improve strategies majorly.

Just imagine this: Shields with banner patterns.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Arnim Coal Miner DRC Veteran

MC PvP has always been, like: Strafe/jitter to win. Since 1.9 will be the bowspam update, i can't imagine pvping no more. What about only updating the Non-PvP servers to 1.9? (Skyblock, Survival...)

Sent with my intelligent car entertainment system integrated in my Mercedes E63 AMG

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. milkacow Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

What about try It first And after that complain somewhere else, iTS already decided. DRC Will update ALL their subservers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

I actually agree with Dracindo and Milkacow.
    Tho they already said the things I thought of, but I still have some things to say.

First of all did you say that PVP makes Minecraft living. I totally disagree with you on this case.
    Go on DRC and see how many players are in Kitpvp and how many players in Skywars. Do you see the difference?
    Maybe if you go on another server and also look at it? Still see the same difference?
    I honestly do!
    I know PVP is a big thing in Minecraft, but please don't overreact.

Also there are cooldowns. This maybe doesn't have any advantages, but for the less good players it does.
    This makes Minecraft fair and square. Tho you are right about the bowspamming. But you never know. Maybe a bow will also get a cooldown.

For the last thing I want to say, is that 1.9 is not even a PVP update. Tho they name it like it. I honestly think this is a sound update. Almost every tool/weapon/mob has a new sound.

I'm not sure about this one, but if I'm right: Cooldowns will only be on tools. This means it's not going to be on swords. Tho, axes, pickaxes and flint and steel will get cooldowns. I do know much about the 1.9 update, so feel free to ask.

10. Airwin_ Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

1.9 is NOT skillbased at all. Since you can only hit every 2 seconds or so you pretty much have 2 seconds to aim at your opponents. Cmon everyone can do this. In 1.8/1.7 you can hit maximum 3 times a second. So you have 0.3 seconds to aim at your opponents. This is much harder to learn so much more skillbased. 1.7 pvp is MUCH more then just spamming Ur Mouse like some people say who dont know a thing about pvp. How can you kill someone who has beter gear then you in 1.9? Its almoast impossible BC you cant 'outaim' your opponents and you cant really suprise attack them since you can only hit them every 2 seconds.

For survival: Yes 1.9 is really cool but for the pvpers 1.9 its just ...

There are also ways to disable the hit delay in 1.9 and set it back to the delay of 1.7/1.8. This could also be a solution.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Block with shield, quickly strike back with sword after enemy knockback.
    This is probably going to best new strategy for pvp.

Actually, only creative doesn't have pvp. The other have at least a pvp arena. Also, I don't think you can set the minecraft version for each gamemode, I think it's only applied to the whole server. So everything's 1.9 or 1.8. And I believe Survival is our main gamemode.
    - It's the original minecraft game.
    - It's our first gamemode. It all became popular because of this.
    - Probably the gamemode that earns the most donations.
    - Survival money is almost always used, here on the forum, when requesting a rankup or money from another gamemode.
    So we must try to please the needs of the people in survival first and a version update is part of that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GeoGamerLP Stone Miner DRC Veteran

An other point: Why do you complain about 1.9 being unsuitable for servers if Mojang only cares about SP since the MP got independent?

Why is it like that?
    Because the game is called Minecraft, it's about mining and crafting/building. The thing is:
    Servers got independent relatively fast, and after a time, players started to prefer PvP from the real sense more and more; the servers became way more PvP-related while SP went its own "way" so to keep it short: MP is the developer's thing while Singleplayer is Mojang's thing.
    And that's why many players dislike 1.9 (and 1.8): Because more and more people forgpot what MC really is and think that it's just PvP and similiar, and as I said, Mojang's update are made for Singleplayer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Airwin_ Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

You can also disable kitpvp from the bungeecord and make a seperate kitpvp with a different ip. By example: kitpvp.drc.ms. I think 90% of the kitpvpers would not really mind if they have to switch from server if you want to another gamemode if they can pvp in 1.7 while the rest of drc is 1.9.

This ^

14. milkacow Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Wrong. Please tell me where you found that.

Sophism: Hasty Generalization.

Your conclusion is based on these falsehoods.
    I cant agree with you.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  15. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Lol this kind of topics are just thing to make me laugh. U guys don't even know 100% what u will see in this update. U don't even tried a a good gameplay with it. And u don't know that players will stop pvp, just because that one guy didn't update to 1.8. This is the 1.9 PVP update, this will create new tactics and new things to create more creativity in the pvp sector. If the disagree button was here i could give it. Don't give an opinion when there is noting to give an opinion to i should say. DRC is a server like all others who follow minecraft with updates. Players have to change and NOT the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

I am honestlyooking forward to the arrival of shields, the new tactics that you can do are like bringing back the blockhit function.

Let me get something straight, I truly dislike pvp, but i still run around in the pvp servers, and in some cases I can say without lying that I spend more time in pvp than some of you.

Pvp as it is now, is just teaming. The high ranked players are still playing rather unfair, wearing regular iron armor and then add a Sharp 5 diamond sword.

KitTvP has lost its focus, it is time for the new tactics instead of reliving the past

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Well honestly, i dont think it will be much of a difference. The only problem will be the lagg i think (Im not sure but the snapshots are laggy so..)

18. ItzJeBoyStijn Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Whooohooo!
    My opinion is that you must be open for new things and just fit yourself to the new things.
    Further: I totally agree with Dracindo and milkacow.

19. Airwin_ Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

20. Arnim Coal Miner DRC Veteran

@Holycrafter_360 #crawler

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.