Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Panzerwaffen, Oct 10, 2015.

?

Should there be a modded DRC server

1. Yes

2. Hell no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Panzerwaffen Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Gamemode: A modded server (not really a gamemode)
    Extensive explanation of the suggestion:
    Modded minecraft is minecraft with mods.
    Mods are modifications to the game that add in new blocks/items/mechanics.

A lot of people play mods on servers but most of the modded server are premium only, so the Cracked part of that community is left out. Drc is now a cracked vanilla server but i think it can grow to be a network with a vanilla servers and a modded server(s).
    And you can customize the server how you want it.

Some good things about having a modded server:
    - Creativity: There are enough mods that add decorative items that are only there to look nice. So for the people that can built really nice things in vanilla minecraft they should try this.
    - The possibility's: Do you want to be a witch or do you want to be a owner of a factory well this and a lot more is possible with mods.
    - The challenges: Mods can be really complicated and some people like that, They like to search for a solution for their problems and those solutions can be really creative.
    - Lucky blocks: just for the RNG
    - audience: In most packs there is something for everyone so no matter what you like there is a mod for you. (i think)
    -there are probably more good things about having a modded minecraft server that i can't think off right now so if you have one just say it and i will edit this message.

Some bad things about having a modded server:
    -Item bans: unfortunately some items can be used to duplicate, crash the server or override protection plugins (like the claim plugin that there is in the current survival server)
    -Lag: If there are a lot of people on the server can become laggy because most people in the server will have some sort of machine running and if you have a lot of those running at the same time if can get laggy. (Sometimes its only fps lag but sometimes tps can go down fast)
    - different worlds: Some mods use different worlds for them so al those world have to be loaded if someone goes into one of them
    - quarrys: These machine are auto-mining machine and some quarrys can really f*** up your world really fast. Ofcourse this can be solved if you ban the quarrys that dont replace the mined blocks.
    - there are probably more bad things about having a modded server but i cant come up with them right now so if you know something say it and i will edit this message.

This topic is just to see how the community and staff team think about this idea.

2. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Sorry, but when adding a modded gamemode, you have to choose out of alot of things.
    I like a good fantasy RPG minecraft, while others prefer to build Sci-fi machines.
    That's one thing, the other is that you have to find which mods work well together.
    Next is that the gamemode can't be too difficult, or else we have to build the Chinese wall to explain how to play that gamemode.
    And finally: it would be ridiculous if it is just modded survival, especially since we have survival.

3. topvennie Gold Miner DRC Veteran

It doesn't have to be a new modpack made by DRC. It just can be pixelmon or skyfactory or...

4. UnDead_Assassin Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

No, i dont think this is a good idea.
    1) mods can cause HUGE and HUGE lagg of players not in Europe..like me. Today my ping was 281 and became 1045 for no reason.
    2) most server mods have so many bugs/glitches that it will just kill the economy in that server
    3) banned items can be cheated trough some other mods

I was playing on some premium server, known to most people. Mostly consitst of minigames only (the reason i play on that server)
    And there are some modded hubs like pixelmon and avatat etc. While i was fooling around like i always do in Minecraft me and my friend began "experimenting with some stuff like masterballs etc.
    And we found a dupe glitch/bug in the chests (ender next to trapped would get together and make a whole normal chest) before you put the ender chest next to it just simply put whatever you want in the chest to be duped. Put the enderchest and open the normal chest. Done. This one of the bugs that annoys staff. Because its something with the plugin that you have to go into the coding etc. so they cant fix it. This server is now down because of me and my friend.

5. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Pixelmon requires everyone else to download the mod as well. Additionally to point 2 of @UnDead_Assassin 's post, we already need to spent alot of time setting up an economy. This is one of the reasons why prison is still not open.

6. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

I think u guys can put lucky block wars. It doesn't need a mod but very close to a mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.