Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GeoGamerLP, Jan 9, 2016.

?

Is it a good idea?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2016.
  1. Yes!

19.0%
  2. No! (Write reason)

81.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeoGamerLP Stone Miner DRC Veteran

----------------------------------
    Introduction:

Hey guys,
    as you can read, the anti-cheat plugin shouldn't be able to auto-ban players except for a few exceptions. Not even a kick. Why?

Explanation:

As some of us know, the anti-cheat isn't really the best. We can see on some bug reports that this plugin can be buggy, especially in combination with lag. For example, it sometimes prevents you from fighting for a few seconds if it lags because it thinks you might hack without any reason.
    Client lags and server lags might it often look as if they might be hacking which isn't really good because the worst thing which can happen on multiplayer is to get banned unfairly. Sure, AAC might often have done a good jobs in recognizing hackers and autobanning them, but there'll be always be lag which looks suspicious, even if it gets updates.

Even if you just get kicked, it can lead to very bad situations:
    Let's say, you are playing Skywars. You've finally got a good round and kill two players and got quite good equip. When you try to build to the other players, your internet is going downhill. You are placing a few blocks. Then it gets better again and the server gets 10 blocks per second so it thinks you might have hacked and removes the blocks. Then, the same thing happens again and you get banned for nothing. Isn't that great?

But this shouldn't mean that players with 2,5x speedhack and a killaura range of 5,5 blocks can run around without getting banned. In this very obvious cases, the plugin should still be allowed to auto-ban, but only then.

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
    - no unfair bans
    - no unnecessary discussion
    - less time wasted
    - For many people, a good anti-hack plugin is important. As AAC isn't that good, some people dislike the server; unfair bans might/will cause to a even bigger unnecessary player loss

Cons:
    - more time wasted because the staff has to look for more hackers <= Better too much time than too less time
    - Less obvious hackers can hack <= That's what the ticket system is made for.

Last words:
    As I've said many times, lag (no matter if it's clientside or serverside) is a situation which will always "confuse" the anti-hack plugin. As this can lead to really unfair and bad bans and it's really, really hard to fix this, ther shouldn't be an auto-ban anymore.

This took me about 20 minutes, I'd appreciate if you post constructive critic below this thread; I created a poll for this so you can vote. If you don't like any aspect, please write a comment and don't just vote.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  2. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Again, your topic confuses me (And I havent' had a single drop of alcohol)
    About you saying that players should create tickets. Many players do this, it is just impossible to check all the players from the tickets due to the staffmembers not being online 24/7
    I don't have an exact number, but when I was still a staffmember the Anti-hack plugin would ban multiple people a day. And how many unban appeals would you see about this? You'd only see them when there was a problem with the server, and then Jelle would be so fair to directly unban all players, giving them the advantage that is called 'doubt'

I understand your point about it being unfair when banning people unfairly, but this seems to happen -Lets say- once every 150 bans. Then they appeal for unban and Jelle can check the logs and see if it is obvious or the plugin was a bit too hard on the players.

In all honesty though, you can create a poll about this. But the players have zero to say about this plugin being removed or not. Simply because its still learning from its mistakes

To make my whole post very short: It saved me alot of time, taking out the obvious hackers gave me the chance to focus on the not so obvious hackers. The so called togglers :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ADEdge Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

^ This

4. GeoGamerLP Stone Miner DRC Veteran

I just created the poll to see if the players are agreeing or disagrreing with me. I know that it won't move anything from now to tomorrow

5. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

I vote no. Same reason as Anesitas. And the plugin has less problems then before. And btw? The bans you are talking about are TEMPbans?
    This discussion has taken place a lot of times, and it is always the same: "The aac isnt good enough"," the aac bans unfairly".. etc. But I know some cases where the aac has banned the right persons.

If you know this? Why making this topic? It is useless to discuss about something when you know it won't make a diffrent.

6. GeoGamerLP Stone Miner DRC Veteran

I said that it won't make a difference from now to tomorrow... People can't read these days....

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. FuturexPlayz DRC-VIP Gold Miner DRC Veteran

now i think that you are using any cheat , and the plugin are falling tou , ;p my idea lol
    and if you got banned by Autoban for no reason , just come here to explain it ..

8. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Dude open a own server if you want to change everything

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

AAC is improving every day. Daily/Weekly updates are making the plugin better every time. Eventually it will be so good (I hope) that I'll be able to just make it so strict that it'll catch hackers immediately and ban the for 24 hours for example.
    There is no doubt that this is the best anti-cheat plugin that has been publicly released (for a low cost).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. luiz ( Corradi_Gamer ) Iron Miner DRC Veteran

Also I went AutoBan For 14 days I agree Taking In The AAC I Am Not Hacker

11. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

If you are so sure you were not hacking, you can always ask for an unban and I'll take a look :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GeoGamerLP Stone Miner DRC Veteran

I understand this, but using public anti-cheat plugins always raises the danger to be bypassed within a certain time.

13. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

If you do what Jelle is saying I think there isn't any problem right? And it is always possible. They don't have the time to make their own anti-cheat plugin. That is just to much work. Be happy Jelle wanted to pay for the plugin you find crap, and just play...

14. Bruqaj Iron Miner DRC Veteran

The plugin is 'public' but it is not like you can clearly read the source code. It has been tampered with so hackers can not find bypasses easily.

15. luiz ( Corradi_Gamer ) Iron Miner DRC Veteran

--- This message was merged, Jan 9, 2016 ---
    I did Jelle: D I wanted to Talk With You Jelle, If I Get 5000 Subscribers In Youtube Only Making Video In Drc Network, I Can Be The Official Youtuber From Server?

16. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

1) offtopic level 10000
    2) I don't think Jelle Will make someone a "official YouTube" because why would he just give 1 person the opportunity to record? He let everyone record = extra advertising for DRC.
    Back ontopic:

I think this can be closed because iT wont change anything and this disscusion has already taken place..
    AAC is a good plug-ins and catch a lot of hackers.. Some of them bypass iT indeed.. But if you see someone hacking? Just make a ticket..

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. luiz ( Corradi_Gamer ) Iron Miner DRC Veteran

Ok More No one will unban me the Server? I need to record

18. Jackstone Woodcutter DRC Player

I agree! I am constantly kicked :'(

19. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

You saying what m8? o.O

20. luiz ( Corradi_Gamer ) Iron Miner DRC Veteran

I did not understand :/

Thread Status: