Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by goldmika1, Sep 26, 2016.

?

Was the old DRC better?

1. Yes definitely

76.7%
  2. No It's better now

3.3%
  3. Nothing really changed in my opinion

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldmika1 Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

For all veterans of DRC. Do you think DRC was better in the old days? And why?

2. FuturezPlayz - YT Hunter DRC Player

Hmm How old you mean ?
    For me DRC was better on 2013 =D
    There was a lot of friends like ( Nobody4Life, he was only VIP... xD )

• Like Like x 2
  3. goldmika1 Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Yea 2012/2013. Never seen you before tho. I was vip too then

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. FuturezPlayz - YT Hunter DRC Player

I became VIP since 2015 =D

• Like Like x 1
  5. minbboy Woodcutter DRC Veteran

I cant really vote. the server was better back then, but there have been proper justifications as to why many things have been closed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

yes, the server was better but it wont turn back because its not possible anymore, the community was good and for me its defently the better time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

I think the server was awesome till 1.9 released...

Adding one more point:
    I know you guys added the 1.8 plugin and stuff but it just doesn't feel right.. like having to pvp 1.8 in mine craft 1.10...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

it was better when it was just a small dutch community, not trying to be mean to the other people

Lol, so many ''agree'' and ''winners'', guess people do agree with me

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. goldmika1 Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Excactly, it was way more fun. Almost everyone knew each other. Sad that money changes people... It's funny because its called DUTCHrastacraft

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ggwp Gold Miner DRC Veteran

yea man the old DRC was the best especially kitpvp (i just turned veteran today so im allowed to respond to this topic, but i started to play about 2 yrs ago)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. luiz ( Corradi_Gamer ) Iron Miner DRC Veteran

i like factions of the Drc <3

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

whats factions? i forgot.

im just kidding, i also really liked factions back when there was a good community.

13. Andie Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Well, dammit, gotta say. The Brazilian players didn't bother with you guys speaking Dutch all the time, but somehow, you guys were bothered by their language. Of course you miss the old community, you knew almost everyone and never had to deal with foreigners, right? But hey, there are people like MrMoustaches, ADedge, Reynout and Panzie that even tried to learn portuguese, only to have fun. I'm not saying any of you should act like them, just have some common sense. Changes happen all the time, not only because of the money, but there are LOTS of reasons for changes to happen, either you like it or not.

I loved DRC's old community, and I sure as hell love the new one.
    kbyee

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  14. Panzerwaffen Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Was it better? No
    Was it worse? No
    Do I like both of them? HELL YES
    Seriously guys stop comparing two things that arent even the same by a mile.
    Instead of complaining about "Oh everything was better years back" Go make Suggestions, Constructive not selfish suggestions, and just do yourself a favour and try searching for a plugin to make this work and then keep in mind we are on 1.10 (you will be amazed how many suggestions there have been for outdated plugins just because people just didn't bother to even search for a plugin).
    Also just because some other server has it doesn't mean it is A. that it is a good thing on our server. B. A smart thing to have.
    And for the love of god a suggestion topic that is:
    "I want eggwars back"
    And only that and nothing else well you can't call that a suggestion can you?
    Why not think about a way to bring it back better, fix problems there were before. (COMMUNITY THAT THINKS WITH STAFF)
    Anyway enough rambling from me.
    My point is clear (I hope) Both have good or bad things, but if you want change make good suggestions.

(Ps quitting is never a good idea you will lose your voice on what you can suggest because you aren't playing anymore.
    Oh and when you are one year away and then returns and start complaining well blame yourself for letting your voice die.
    you weren't there to be critic, constructive or helpful so those people can shush)

oh and I misclicked so can anyone change it?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Sanderp Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

The old community (2013) was way better. Small server, just survival. There went not many players, but they were all dutch. The problem now is that some Portuguese (and other language) think it's their chat. They can't speak 1 word English, that's very irritating. (Dutch people speaks maybe to much dutch in the chat).

More gamemodes arent genius, many hackers, camping in skywars, you need more staff, more donations, etc...

My conclusion is, like Jelle after a half year he makes the server international said, back to the roots. But that isn't possible anymore.

Ps: If you have questions, let me know.

Ps2: Don't hate on my English, it's a bit bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FuturezPlayz - YT Hunter DRC Player

Yeah , people talking unknown language is irritating. But I have played DRC since 2012 ! And there was a lot of Dutch languages ... I didnt knew one word xD
    And that time I didnt knew english too ! But to make friends , I take hard every english class ! And now , I can speak english , japanese , portuguese . now , I can understand that the world is big ! If you cant understand our language , why dont study ? That why have Internet =D

And I hate Brazilians too xD they are cool people , but some times they uses very bad words...( some people dont like the reason to use english... )
    And some like to steal and disturb others buildings...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

pls dont lie, in 2012 the server wasnt international .-. so you couldnt join

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. FuturezPlayz - YT Hunter DRC Player

Lmao xD my misstake ... Since 2013 =D

19. goldmika1 Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Guys( And girls)...
    I didnt made this topic to complain or anything. I want to make something else clear. It's not a problem at all that foreign people joined, it was about the community itself.
    Years ago everyone knew each other and we all had some kind of bond. Nowadays Jelle never talks to people besides from staff and sometimes TS. He did that way more often in the past. And now about the money part. He did change everything so foreign people joined,wich means more money. I don't say he's doing that for himself or anything.

The point is, it feels like every other server now. It doesnt feels as special as it was.

Message to all you keyboard warriors, don't hate or complain about what is wrong, just adress what they should do differently.

EVERYONE is welcome. I just want people's opinion about if it was better or not and how we can fix this without splitting the community.
    --- This message was merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    My opinion about talking dutch.

if you go to a foreign country and you irritate about their language isnt that weird.
    Second of all i think everyone is allowed to talk in their native language. We talk English so the majority understands it wich is nice but do understand that learning any language can be hard or take some effort and I understand that you want to talk in your native language at that moment.
    --- This message was merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    QUOTE Panzerwaffen

(Ps quitting is never a good idea you will lose your voice on what you can suggest because you aren't playing anymore.
    Oh and when you are one year away and then returns and start complaining well blame yourself for letting your voice die.
    you weren't there to be critic, constructive or helpful so those people can shush)

I left for personal reasons. Besides i was critical, i was constructive, and i was definitely helpfull. Did any of the staff cared? NO. So if that isn't the point anymore than is that a improvement

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

People are getting older and dont play minecraft anymore, everything is dead and people dont come online that is a short part of the trueth.

22 people online and 15 in survival, i like playing survival on DRC because i can talk to people, listen some good (and bad portuguees rap @DrKiller_YT ) music on plug.dj but the thing is, when there is nobody online i dont like to play, i do prefer a other server with minigames or a other game. In my opinion, this cant be fixed. Minecraft was a very nice, populair, hyped game some years ago but now younger people are allowed to play other games like cod ect. so they dont play minecraft anymore.

Conclusion, the staff is working to get the server better but minecraft/drc has reached his highest point in the graphique. Other point, in the past people around the age of 12 began to play minecraft, they played cracked so they searched for cracked servers like DRC. Nowadays people in the age of 9 are playing this game (if you dont believe me, go to premium servers and ask there age) but they on the pc from there parents and they dont know how to install cracked so they ask minecraft premium for there birthday or whatever and than they will play on premium servers.

other thing, i saw this at a vote site and i want to share this
    ps: check the last sentence, correct the sentence or give us eggwars and the minigames xD (its a joke with something true in it)

=-=-Our community=-=-

We are mostly known for our community. We have a very active Dutch forum and also a growing English forum. We also have an active Teamspeak 3 server where you can talk to other players.
    Our community is something weve been working on for a long time. We love our players AND we listen to our players. You decide what you want to see next on DRC.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.