Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rejoy, Aug 22, 2016.

?

Do you want Pixelmon?

1. Yea!

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No! [Write why in topic]

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Hey guys!
    Well DRC is kinda boring nowadays.
    I thought of asking you guys if u wanted pixelmon..
    Cuz of the craze of pokemon go and everything.
    I have played pixelmon in 1.7.10 and doesnt lag at all. [i have only 4 gb ram]
    The latest might be a little laggy, so we can use pixelmon 3.5.1 for 1.7.10
    This is a great gamemode to play in drc.

If you guys dont want it, please list why.
    And dont say "pixelmon lag." or anything like that.
    You can have optifine and if u lag then dont play.

So hope you guys agree!
    #MakeDRCBetterV2.0

2. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Voted no because I don't like it that I have to download mods to play a certain gamemode on a server.
    And as far as I scouted through all servers that have pixelmon, they all told me to install pixelmon <version#> to join.

I also think it's going to require alot more work than Prison to set everything up. Gyms with decent NPC leaders, economy, world built by our @BuildingTeam, private plots for home and farming, ...
    Or you can just create a survival world with pixelmon instead of regular mobs. But I don't like to play another survival game like that. I don't think it's worth it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Well the people who play should make the gyms.... not the building team.. thats just plain stupid.. the building team are not the team leaders to make the gyms...

And the team leaders / members can ask for an ncp trainer using /helpop

Most of the other servers use pixelmon 3.5.1 because it doesnt lag much.

DRC can make it so that there is no fall damage, fire res and waterbreathing.

4. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

That's one of the things I fear: who gets to be a gym leader? The guy who paid the most or the guy who applied for it? And who decides who gets to be gym leader at an application? Staffteam doesn't have time for that and if the first gym leader gets to decide and he's a douchebag... Well, I think you know where I'm heading.

Plus, I don't know if it will be popular enough to find enough people to keep a gym open pretty much 24/7. And if people decide to stop without warning, then alot of people are waiting for someone who's never online.

Don't get me wrong, I like Pixelmon and I would like to play it with friends and associates, but I don't think DRC will benefit much from it. With this, I mean that I don't know how much players will (be able to) play it and how many of them will donate for it. And what can people donate for? A master ball set? Private building plots or renting appartements/houses?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Please the pokemon hype is too much.
    School features pokemon, job aswell pokemon everywhere...

I voted no because i don't like the gamemode, a lot of other suggestions were created which are kinda better.
    :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

For donating u can get extra homes, a kit which gives u different kinds of pokeballs evry 48 hours, etc..
    There can be some staff members who can create a team. Not everyone, only like 2 or 3. The people who play can ask the leaders if they can make a gym for the team.

7. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

No new opinion within almost 1 month.
    Don't see any point on keeping this open. If you want to reopen it then you can press the report button and ask to be opened again or make a new suggestion.
    Topic closed.
    No new opinion. Keeping Rejoy from bumping and farm posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.