Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Hugh Mungus, Aug 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

Gamemode: Kitpvp
    Extensive explanation of the suggestion: Adding the projectile protection enchantment to the shop,
    Projectile protection 1: 150$
    Projectile protection 2: 250$
    Projectile protection 3: 400$
    Why we should implement this: I dont really know why, it is a nice enchantment while in a bow battle

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kappaccino69 Hunter DRC Player

It only makes the "bower' kit weaker though, and I don't feel like the kit is too strong at the moment at all as the bow only has power I and flame.

3. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

There should be signs for power and other bow enchantments, as well as ways to enchant a god bow yourself. Besides, just because there are enchantment signs doesn't mean everybody is going to use them.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Kappaccino69 Hunter DRC Player

Yeah but it will cause the new players to have a hard time because they can't afford any of those power enchantments for example. And the players that have been playing for a long time will easily abuse the new players with those enchantments. Ofcourse it should be easier for players that have been playing for longer, but I feel like it will become too easy for them. Just an opinion though.

5. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

this topic is about the projectile protection enchantment, so please stay on topic

6. Kappaccino69 Hunter DRC Player

I'm saying that players that rich players will get a bigger edge over the people who don't have money for such enchantments. So they will get potential to abuse on noobs causing them to not have a fun time.
    My conclusion is that I think the server really has to be careful with such enchantments to make sure new players don't get impossible times in kitpvp.

Obviously players can buy protection aswell, so it would have the same purpose. But I just think that when rich players get the chance to buy all of those kits new players will not have a single chance to win fights when they're not using hacks or anything like that.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  7. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

These enchantments are meant for the free users to stand a chance against donators or feel as strong as a donator. In the end, no matter how much money they have, that armor will break and they will hardly use it when there's a group of donators roaming on the map. Also, not every starting DRC'er prefers the bow, so projectile protection won't make it any harder for them.

The thing is, if we're thinking like you, that would mean we'd have to remove the protection and sharpness signs as well, otherwise starting players can't get started. Eventually, all enchantment signs would be gone, free players would need to farm alot of money for xp bottles and lapis, only to get OP armor like donators.

Starting players will always have a chance to get started, longer playing free players won't always be like donators, always walking in their best armor. Don't worry about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kappaccino69 Hunter DRC Player

My concern comes from all those kitpvp servers I've seen where new players absolutely don't stand a chance and get obliterated by the donators and other strong players. Would make me sad to see the same thing happen on this server, so please think about updates like these well to make them balanced.

9. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

And I'm saying that new players will find their way and manage to advance and eventually, they'll complain, because they can never create armor to face donators and teams. If not, then I'll make sure to help them get started.

10. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Well, can you add the sign to buy books then?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Added to todolist. Not promising it will be exactly as suggested, but we'll take a look into the sold enchantments to challenge you guys more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.