Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Request help' started by Joey / JPCore, Oct 12, 2016.

?

Rate

1. 5/10

62.5%
  2. 6/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 7/10

18.8%
  4. 8/10

12.5%
  5. 9/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 10/10

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

I need a new PC this one wasn't really for gaming but for heavy programs like AutoCAD so i could handle heavy games aswell but that was not the reason for having this one.

My goal was a budget PC which is enough for minimalistic gaming sessions and other small tasks.

Hardware;

PSU / Power Supply: Aerocool Xpredator 650W.
    -> Black, 2x PCIe, Cable-manegment

CPU / Processor: AMD FX-6300.
    -> 3,5GHz (OC-able to 4.1GHz), AM3+, 6 cores.

CPU - Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo.

RAM / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB.
    -> DDR3-1600, dual channel.

MOB / Motherboar: MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition.
    -> Sound, ATC-size, SLI/Crossfire ready.

GPU / Graphics card: MSI GTX 970.
    -> 4GB, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, SLI ready.

Case: NZXT S340.

-> Black, window, USB 3.0.

HDD / SSD / Storage: Seagate HDD, Samsung Evo SSD.
    1TB HDD, 250GB SSD. + 125 GB SSD.

This is for the PC only my monitor is for later, suround sate aswell and for my keyboard and mouse i will change also.
    Mouse probably an additional MX Master and a Mechanical Keyboard from Razer or Corsair.
    I will build this PC by my self probably with DividedByZero my other BuilderDuo.

Thanks for voting and let me know if i should change somthing in the same price change.
    Total cost: 850Euro incl. BTW.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Mendel Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

You are way too rich :P

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Saving money and work for it. ;p

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thommy_99 Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

An MX Master? You could've spent that money on a better processor or gpu. Btw AMD Zen is coming soon so you should've waited a little bit longer for that

5. Sempai_ Woodcutter DRC Player

I would rather get the nVidia GeForce GTX1060 (only 350€) from Asus, MSI or Gigabyte, and 16GB (2x8) RAM GDDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport (75€)
    Ita just my opinion/advice/tipp.... not to be rude or anything.

6. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

I'm never going to use 6Gbs i have enough with 4, i also don't play on 4k just 1080 ultra.
    And with saving a little but of money i can cheap out my PSU for some other hardware.

Just focus on the hardware the mx master is just for later.
    It's an item for my wishlist. :p

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  7. Wadu437 Stronghold Scavenger DRC Veteran

where do we start:
    First of all, get another PSU. The one you have, is unfortunately not a very good one. I'd recommend the SeaSonic M12II 620W.
    Source: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Second: That cooler isn't terrible, but I built a PC with it once and it came loose twice. I'd suggest getting an H212 EVO from CoolerMaster instead, which has a better mounting system than the TX3

Third: You'll get bottlenecked by the FX6300 if you play anything more recent than about 2013. Suggestion: Get an Intel Skylake CPU or wait for AMD Zen.

Fourth: Switch out that Seagate HHD for a Western Digital WD10EZEX. SeaGate HDD's are more likely to break than Western Digital ones.

I just saw you posted this. Let me give you some advice: Never, EVER EVER cheap out on your PSU. Ever. Cheap out on anything else, but not the PSU. The reason for this is that if you PSU dies because it is from a bad brand, it can easily take out many other components, most often the Motherboard, CPU and/or GPU.

EDIT:
    If you (or anyone else) wants to look at some updated builds for various workloads and prices, take a look at this page: https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds. They don't have an OS included in that price so count 100 euros extra for windows for every one of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Sanderp Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

I think it's kinda funny that you want a gtx970. The Gtx1060 6gb is the same price, and performs like a GTX980. Just saying. And I should wait for zen, the new amd processors.

9. thommy_99 Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

The benchmarks I saw weren't that much better for the 1060

10. Sanderp Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Some benchmarks are better, some benchmarks are about the same. For the price, the gtx 1060 is better.

11. thommy_99 Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

It's better but the problem is finding it at the advertised price, just a hell with nvidia

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wadu437 Stronghold Scavenger DRC Veteran

Also with AMD. Only on the new architectures. Most likely because 16nm chips aren't easy to mass produce yet (many bad batches). Except Intel, they got their 16nm nailed down.

13. Steve_DRCer Coal Miner DRC Veteran

I5 6500
    MSI Bazooka
    Bx200 ssd
    16 Gb ram
    Cx450m or rx550m
    Case, your choice
    HDD, wd blue 1 Tb?
    Should be in your prive range.
    And ofcourse A gtx1060 or rx480

14. koolmees71 Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Very nice PC. The 125GB SSD is not needed though. way to go!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Please keep in mind this is a Budget based game pc, nothing special that's why i don't take a 1060.
    Also i work a lot (in school, i'm traing for a mason i don't know how it's called).

For the psu i can take a better one but i'm not going to game for a lot of years, i want to earn my money and find a job, gaming is not my priority. My future is.

16. Wadu437 Stronghold Scavenger DRC Veteran

If you get a better PSU now, you pay like 50 euros more right now, and save yourself a very costly lesson down the line.

EDIT: Also a 1060 has the performance of a 980 so if you can find one at the price of a 970 or slightly above that I'd take that. Also check the price of the RX480 that's also a really good budget card.

17. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

18. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

OP is implying that people that work do not play games. Iz funny.
    That's basically my only suggestion. Do not think that you won't be playing games when you start working a decent job

19. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

I will never have another amd processor unless they really get with it. I've had 2 of the 8 core bulldozer ones and they both are way too hot. Unless you like the sound of fans constantly running at 80%, I would suggest a new i3 or even one of the older haswell pentium dual cores. I realize you are talking about the 6 series, but still it's energy consumption is out of line and I'm not even a 'green' person.

I have the H212 which looks a lot like the cpu cooler you have and I overclock my i7 10-15% with no over heating. It's a great efficient cooler.

The psu.... meh, adequate for cheap build.

The video... yeah I agree a 1060 or 70 would rock here. But the supply of these is so scarce that everything is ridiculously priced. I love where nvidia went with the card, but man they hosed the delivery. I was going to bite the bullet and get a 970 or better, but once I started seeing the 1070 numbers, I'll just wait. And again, amd... get's lost. The rx 480 looks promising until you run non radeon fudged games. They have become so disappointing because I wanted them to beat intel, but after trying their top of the line processors, I became a bit upset with them because their technology is going now on 3yrs or more. You can only rebrand so much.

I'd get the i3 or a haswell i5 and use the integrated video while waiting for the supply to catch up with demand on the good 1060/or 70. Look for used i5's, their integrated video is usually decent enough for light gaming to get you by.

For gaming, I'd rate you 5/10.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. LegendaryBurrun Gold Miner DRC Veteran

I like the CPU, its doing a great job in my pc :blush:

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.