Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by thedark, Sep 7, 2017.

1. thedark Newbie DRC Veteran

.this server was part of my story in minecraft when 200 players fit and had 150 players in Survival I loved playing in that survival but when they changed to version 1.9 now 1.11.2 the server dropped from 150 players to 16 if the server went back to version 1.8 it would be good because 90% of minecraft players play in 1.8 I'm sure that the server will return to be a great server in 1.8 With the same survival was before !!! 1.8 best version to play # Back to 1.8 and the same Survival was before Please!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Fully switching to 1.8 will only be profitable for KitPVP. For survival, you'll be taking away alot of content.
    For PVE, the 1.9 combat system is do-able, and alot is being added since 1.9 up till 1.12. I don't think DRC will get more people when they take away the elytra's, the new mobs, and new blocks that came with 1.9-1.12.

And let's not forget the plugins. Most developers will stop working on their plugins for earlier versions. So if any of them malfunctions, the admins might have to fix the problem themselves, leave it be and possible trigger players because something's not working right, or remove it.

Edit:
    I moved this thread to suggestions, while I'm at it.

3. thommy_99 Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Why not switch back to 1.7.x since in the summer of 2014 we actually had 800 players at times. Would we get those players back? Ofcourse not!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Reynout123 Noot Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Plugins would be unstable.
    And we ain't gonna rewrite every single olugin we have to 1.8 version.

5. StijnMoustache Nether Explorer DRC Veteran

F it, lets just go back to 1.6! it will be much better and we will all get better FPS

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. thommy_99 Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Man I miss the days before 1.5 when redstone was hard af

7. StijnMoustache Nether Explorer DRC Veteran

it still is.... it still is

8. iEclipseXD // Rejoy Builder Builder

I have a question, why doesn't the server make kitpvp or other servers 1.8 compatible? I mean that survival, creative and skyblock can be the latest version and kitpvp can be 1.8 only. If it costs more money then I can understand.

9. Reynout123 Noot Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Money, time, money, bugs, headaches, reports, client issues,...

10. thedark Newbie DRC Veteran

So I guess the server can not profit from this, but neither do I care if you do not offer the server the server without players without anything. This is just a garnish if you can not make a server with the players closing soon because nothing will change in this version, it reminds you of the players who have had so much vips that the server was successful. Reynout is wasting time now with something that does not go forward does not grow but okay, I already told you what the server needs if he change back to throw it vips and tals But until one day you call if the server can return to 200 players !!! Thank you I have given my Opnion now and with you.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. FuturexPlayz Iron Miner DRC Veteran

I think they left because of the new pvp system so the question is ... do you like survival pvp ?
    I like ... but if they turn it to 1,8 , I know that there will be a lot of hackers too

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Reynout123 Noot Owner Staff Member Server Owner

Ain't wasting time MrIKnowEverything.
    You idea is completly impossible for us.
    I am 100% those 200 so called players wont return if we put the server Back to 1.8. What would Bring brack some players may be Eggwars. But then the server will be dead the first month since we would have to close all other servers + Eggwars didn't have ANY income last time it was online.
    So MrReyIsWastingTime ?
    Any POSSIBLE ideas That wont kill the server?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. TonyPRZ Hunter DRC Veteran

It would be awesome if you could bring back skywars, i know it must be hard, but a lot of people used to play it and it was cool.

14. FuturexPlayz Iron Miner DRC Veteran

Do you will pay / donate for it continue on ? :innocent:

15. TonyPRZ Hunter DRC Veteran

Yes i would :innocent: