Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItzJeBoyStijn, Jun 24, 2016.

?

What do you want?

1. Survival - Map Reset (This includes some rebalancing)

2. Survival - Full Reset (This includes total rebalancing)

3. Survival - No Reset

4. Skyblock - Full Reset (This includes total rebalancing)

5. Skyblock - No Reset

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItzJeBoyStijn Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Gamemode: Survival and SkyBlock
    Extensive explanation of the suggestion: Full/Map Reset and rebalancing the world, shop etc.
    Why we should implement this: Well that's where this whole topic will be about.

Hey DRC,

This will be a suggestion topic.

I'll start with Survival:

Survival

A reset will give players and most of all new players the chance to get a free space without too much built in it. I know there isn't much yet built here, but the main reason for the reset is the economy. The economy in survival is actually is messed up. Mostly because of the villager update in 1.9: Villagers are much easier and faster to get and if you have them once they're living money machines, you farm 1 stack potatoes and trade it with your villager for 4 emeralds. You could sell those for $200 in the shop (now for $100), BUT most people don't farm 1 stack, but build a mega farm and farm 10-50 stacks once. Which will make now $1000-$5000 in once. The emerald sell sign just have been lowed to $25 so first it was even more, which screwed up the economy, because the total amount of money made out of that will be around $2.500.000 (if it isn't more). Second thing is the pumpkin farm; they can be built fully automatic and if big enough make around 5k (without doing that much) per hour. No fun. I think many players will agree and many will disagree. I will make a poll to see this. Also, when the reset would take place, rebalance as much as possible. DRC Network has a very great staff team which knows how to balance the economy and how to make the players happy. So I think that wouldn't be a very big problem. Here the forms of suggestions.

Map Reset

Pro's:
    - We have a fresh world, so enough space to build without that much buildings around you.
    - Some inactive people who have big buildings will lose their stuff; so the total worth of the world will get lower, so a pro for the economy.
    - Survival will get new players.

Cons:
    - People will complain about their stuff is gone.
    - It doens't handle with the full economy problem.
    - There will be some monument (sea temple, jungle temple, village etc.) hunters which will make money with that buildings.
    - This costs some work (but less than Full Reset)

Full Reset

Pro's:

- We have a fresh world, so enough space to build without that much buildings around you.
    - The economy problem will be fixed; people aren't that OP anymore.
    - Survival will get new players.

Cons:

- People will complain about the fact that it was too early to reset.
    - It costs some time to reset and rebalance everything.

So far about survival.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SkyBlock

Second is SkyBlock. This gamemode isn't much played on DRC Network, but actually is a very cool game and many people will agree with me. SkyBlock also is reset a couple of months ago, but actually the same as in Survival happened. There were some ways to get very fast money (like farming and selling mushrooms). But you only could get mushrooms some further in game so the beginning part players of skyblock were just noobs while the smaller part of the players who did have mushrooms were OP. Also the nether gave a small problem. The gold farms were also great to make money. People wanted some gold to craft gapples to create villagers out of zombie villagers. Villagers here are some less OP, but still OP. They give you the chance to create a villager farm (Iron golem farm) and infinite iron (=Infinite money). This is why skyblock is messed up and as long as skyblock can't just get a map reset, it should get a full reset and also a nice rebalanced economy.

Full Reset

Pro's:

- SkyBlock's economy will restart and be rebalanced, so players will compete to get the best island.
    - That will result in more players on skyblock.
    - There will be some new donations of players who want to be good in skyblock with a rank or so.

Cons:

- People will complain about a too early and that they were just so good.
    - It costs lots of work, but I think that is just an owner's job to get the server big.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was my suggestion, leave your opinion in the poll and we'll see if changes will take place! And please 1 vote for Survival and 1 vote for Skyblock. If you have something to add or something you have an other opinion than me, reply to this topic please.

PS. I put much time in this, it is just a suggestion, so if you want to hate, not too much please. I do this to upgrade DRC and not to give Jelle more work to do.
    Cyaaa, Holy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Well, i'm not in for the survival reset. I don't see the point of doing a reset now already. Especially a full one.
    1.9 ''just'' came and there was already a full reset. About the economy: 1.8 economy was also pretty ''bad'', so makes no real difference. I think you just suggest it because it has no disadvantages for you anymore since you aren't really active, but it has a lot to me and probably also to a lot of other active players.

About skyblock: I don't really play a lot of skyblock, but still, i agree with that. Skyblock is pretty empy and at times, even noone is there so this could fix that problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

where is the ''dont reset anything'' button?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

i like the polar bears and that would be the only reason for me to reset the map but it is really fast and if there comes a reset than a reset that you have time enough to get you stuff to the new world.

About skyblock, maybe a different sort of skyblock like (i do not know what the name of it is) if you mine you can get all kind of recoures (redstone,iron,diamond ect) and you can get spawners ect. with a lot of moneeeeeys but i do not know if the server can runs it

5. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

i know what you mean, the skyblock server where TiesGames plays on also has that :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ItzJeBoyStijn Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

What do you mean? You can vote to not reset both? Maybe just think before you post something that you can easily see.
    --- This message was merged, Jun 24, 2016 ---
    Did you read it? And also I might be not really active but still I also make money so for me it would't be a big plus. But I'd like to see balanced gamemodes :P

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  7. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

its litteraly what i said, where is the ''dont reset anything'' button on the poll

8. ItzJeBoyStijn Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

Well, you can give 2 votes, 1 for survival and 1 for skyblock, so there's no need for a "Don't reset anything"-button

9. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

ah okay thanks,
    ''votes for: Dont reset skyblock
    ''also votes for; dont reset survival

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Imma guess that you are talking about the oregenerator, wich adds a chance that the cobblegen outouts an ore instead of cobblestone.
    Problem with that plugin is that it will result in automine farms :')

Back ontopic: I really do not see the need for survival mapreset. As for the economy, we could reset it. But we would need a list of the moneyhacks first
    Ofcourse we already have this, since you get get banned for using flaws in the economy system without reporting. *wink*

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

still, it has no disadvantages for you and has for many of us. and yes i read it -_-

12. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

Making iron farms in skyblock is what skyblock is all about (i think)
    just making big automated farms and expanding your island
    without iron farms we wont be able to make a lot of our cool smelters, sorters etc etc
    skyblock is not about going to a shop to buy iron

13. ItzJeBoyStijn Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

So you call it balanced to just make money with mushrooms, get money, go to the nether, make money, just get all your farms automatic, and make money. Sell your stuff for much money to others, the price of all the stuff is getting lower and lower, before others can even get a $1000 they can't make money because the price is that low to make enough money and expand?

Well, I don't.

14. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Well, think about this:

Staff already has tons of bugs to fix, and you just gave them more things to fix. That won't help at all, just wait till the rest's done and then give another suggestion. It won't work like this, the list of bugs and thigns to fix will just build up and get bigger and bigger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrStabby85 Newbie DRC Player

my vote is

HELL NO...

i lost everything and all my money when it reset, and i am not doing that again... i have donated and allsorts... to keep this server going, as its the best on the web....

• Like Like x 1
  16. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Is 1.9 that much easier to get villagers? I know I have them, but that's always my first goal. As far as it being so easy to make money with farms. Try it. Sure the auto pumpkin farms are cool and easy. But that's the only thing. It takes a LOT of time replanting these crops. It takes time to grow these crops. It takes time combining melons into whole blocks if you autofarm them. So it's not just like an atm. What it does do is encourage people to be online and play. But that was too much for the powers to be so that was taken away. What you're left with is not much incentive to be online once you build out what you want. Competition for $ is a good thing for the server. Which brings me to the biggest problem with survival and why I would go for a reset...

1.9 was launched haphazardly and too fast. And with this was no xray protection. This resulted in Massive cheating where you would see unknown new players with a stack of diamonds in a day. Add to it the lack of aac or NCP and you get a VERY bad start. Know what wrecks an economy? people making diamonds worthless. Sure it's leveled out some but we're also missing all those diamonds mined and all the mines and spawners they got too. Now that everything is in place for a more normal start to keep the cheating a little bit more in control, I suggest a reset.

Without incentive to farm and mine for money or prestige, survival becomes creative which is boring. The numbers you see here now reflect this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Mendel Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

I agree with @drdoct up there.
    The economy in survival went totally down due to many xrayers and bug abusers.
    Diamonds, emeralds, redstone, lapis lazuli, and all the other ores had a droop in their price.
    It would be awesome if we were to have a full reset (for me at least) because the economy would become stable again, more new players would join the server and what is most important - I WOULDN'T FLY AROUND WITH A WOODEN SHOVEL TO RESTORE NATURE ALL OVER THE MAP !

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

its just how it is. the drc economy has been like this for a very long time.
    deal with it i guess

19. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

No, you deal with the reset MISTER!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

You sir, are an idiot.
    lol

• Creative Creative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.