Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Others' started by UnDead_Assassin, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnDead_Assassin Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

hello,
    This is a pretty short help question. If you look closely at the bottom righ of the websotes home page you see all the members online, you also see some guests(people who do not have an account on the forum) and then....you see robots...what does this mean??? Please explain.

2. Bruqaj Iron Miner DRC Veteran

The robots you see in Members Online are website crawlers of search engines like Google and Bing. They search websites for pages and then index them and make a static copy of them sometimes.

On a forum like the one you are on right now it crawls very often because of all the new posts/topics.
    The reason it shows as a robot is because the crawler has a unique user-agent that only 'bots' use.

Here is a link to a list of user-agent strings that crawlers use: http://www.useragentstring.com/pages/Crawlerlist/

A user-agent is a string sent by your browser to the website to identify what browser or with what program you are opening the site.

I hope this answers your question and I will gladly help you if you have more questions. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Googlebot for example is a robot, they are 'fake' guests that search your forum for keywords, so that if you would search these keywords our forum would show up.

Edit: Bruqaj had a better explaination, gratz to him :D

4. UnDead_Assassin Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Thanks very much for you explanation.

Yours was easy english for people that dont understand english like Buraj siad...unlike me that speaks english at home xD.

-lock please

5. Nobody4life Obsidian Miner Staff Member Forum Moderator

I think this question is clear now.

As you requested: Topic Closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.