Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'General' started by Joey / JPCore, Aug 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Hey i'm currently looking for some hardware for my new setup.
    I'm going to move in a few months so this would be my chance to update it all, i already found a few things but i don't know all other things, yet.

With setup i mean it all, this includes mice, keyboards, desks and PC hardware.

I don't really have budget but i don't need Titan X's to be clear with that.
    (Already got storage hardware + SSD).

•I need a GPU: (I'd like the 1060 or the RX 480).
    •A CPU to follow up and compatible with a motherboard. (AMD CPU needs a cpu cooler).
    •Next to this i don't need 32GB of ram i'm happy with 8 to 16. (I prefer 8).
    •This hardware needs power at least 450W.
    •With the case i love smooth and clean, take a look at the NZXT S340.
    •No monitors needed and Windows.
    (Also i don't need SLI or Crossfire, one GPU!).

I also made my choice for the other hardware.
    For my mouse i'm going for the Logitech Wireless MX Master combined with the Corsair strafe LED (red).
    This keyboards features one USB gate which i'm going to use for the MX Master.

As desk. I like dark colors in my setup so my desk will be the same i made my choice for the FREDDE desk from Ikea which features raised monitor stands, shelves (even for additional speakers) and a shelf for your PC.
    And some other small things.

This desk will cost me 199Euro which is not a lot for a desk like that. For my mouse and keyboard it will be: 187Euro.

My chair is something not easy i have to test them so i did that on a sunny day with @DividedByZero which was fun.
    The chair will cost me 80Euro.

Feel free to suggest me anything, i'm not pro in PC tech but a few peeps here they do.
    If you have any spare time feel free the help.
    (Don't forget the things i already list up will cost me 466Euro)

JP

2. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

mac book pro

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. Sanderp Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

4. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

6. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

First off all the i7 is overkill for gaming unless you're an editor. Go for the i5 6600k ( 3.5 ghz stock). This processor is unlocked so you can overclock it in the future if you want. If you do not plan to overclock get the i5 6500. If you end up getting the K processor you must buy a motherboard that allows you to overclock. The hyper 212 evo (cpu cooler) fits in the s340. You need aftermarket coolers if you want to overclock if not use the stock cooler. the s340 comes with 2 installed fans so if you overclock make sure you buy more fans. ( Room for 2x 140mm,120mm fans in the front) If you don't overclock the 2 stock installed fans should do fine.

Motherboards
    - azus z170-a
    - Asrock Z170 Extreme4
    - MSI Z170A PC Mate
    - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Btw: I would go for the s340 red/blue version because the all black one will get really dirty cause of the gloss it will collect dust and grease.

7. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

compucheap.nl
    enter247.nl

^^ even cheaper than when you build your pc by yourself. Prices are like a used product, but the product you buy is new and with warranty. Both are real, since my own pc is bought at Compucheap.nl, and my father's is at Enter247.nl.

EDIT: if you want something to be included in the pc, like a different graphics card and they don't offer it on the bottom of the page, mail them. Most of the time they can do some custom stuff for you, also for cheap :) (at least, at Enter247.nl)

I don't think you can find any better than this but still, it's your own choice so good look with finding something you like :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Boins Gold Miner DRC Veteran

Why buy at 2 webshops with no adres you can go to but only ship to ?

Compucheap has some information easy to find, enter247 is trying to hide everything about itself, only that you an buy online.

If you want to risk it to save a few euro's...

Jpcore lives in Antwerp, just go to alternate.be (bus 500 or the car). They are friendly, helpfull and have a full repair shop

If you see a computer part that is much cheaper then somewhere else, then just think about it why its cheaper ...

9. Sanderp Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Pc's at gamepc.nl/compusale.nl/enter247.nl aren't cheap. Why the hell are some guys still thinking that, jees.

10. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Sanderp? you are not really smart, are you? PC's at enter247.nl or compusale.nl aren't even comparable with gamepc.nl. Gamepc.nl charges 250+ euros extra, whereas compusale and enter247 are even cheaper than when you build the pc yourself, guaranteed. Yeah, 5 euros cheaper if you build it yourself maybe but do you also want to take the risk then to accidentally damage your pc parts? I don't think so.

And @Boins, risk what? They are legitimate webshops. You also don't go to China if you buy something out of China, or do you? No i don't think so

upload_2016-8-12_20-22-48.png
    upload_2016-8-12_20-26-34.png

Exact same stuff (or Similiar: ram/case etc) on Alternate.nl, and still cheaper at Compucheap.nl. Same for Enter247.nl, but i'm not going to spend all my time on doing the same but then for Enter247.nl

EDIT: Oh and @Boins, why it's cheaper? I quote:

--------------------
    In deze webshop bieden wij u nieuwe producten aan tegen zeer lage prijzen.
    Omdat we slechts kleine marges toepassen kunt u profiteren van de lage prijzen.

Vanwege onze lage prijzen kunt u geen bestelling afhalen of reparatie brengen.
    Bestellingen worden altijd verzonden en reparaties kunt u uitsluitend opsturen. -Compucheap

11. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Saying that doesn't make you any smarter.
    Be nice isn't so hard.

I'm following Boins for this part i found my parts there and to be honest my total price is not even 600Euro, this includes everything what i need.
    Don't forget i already have Windows, SSD and my HDD.

You can always suggest more. maybe speakers? Sound stereo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SwekSenpaiPRO Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

well, i don't really care tbh :) i just wanted to help, nothing more.
    I'm done

13. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Unless you just have to be on the cutting edge, I would look for a used/surplus older 980/970 depending on what you want to use it for. I'm even much further and cheaper with my twin r9 270x in crossfire. But they do work well on everything I've spent money on gamewise. So with that, it's my opinion that you could save some $ with minimal game play suffering. I do a lot of rendering AND video editing so the i7 works well for me along with 16g memory. I wouldn't suggest any AMD processor. They're all grossly outdated and energy hogs, unless you just love the sound of 100% fans buzzing away for less performance.

14. Sanderp Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

Lel, gamepc.nl is an example of expensive pc shops. I don't know why you think you are smarter if you buy a pc at one of those sites. Building your own isn't as difficult as you think, but if you understand nothing about pc's it isn't smart to build one. Btw, why do you think I'm not smart?, you aren't so smart to. ;)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Boins Gold Miner DRC Veteran

Well, i didn't know anything about how to build a pc. I bought my parts and build it from scratch using a youtube video as a guide.
    It went better then I hoped, only my power supply wasn't working, I went to alternate asking what i did wrong, they checked it, they found out it was the power supply that was bad, they gave me a new one (and an even better one because they didnt have the same one in stock). They even installed my extra hard drive for me so i didn't had to do it when i got home.

Thats the adventage of buying parts close to where you live. If you can build with lego, you can make a pc. (you can learn everything)

and don't get me wrong, i'm not saying anyone is stupid for buying cheap parts online, I just wouldn't advise it because pc parts can somethimes be broken from shipping only

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Does anyone have any suggestion for a monitor?
    At least 20inch.

ASUS, AOC, Samsung , Philips, etc.

17. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

What Hz do you want ?

18. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Not lower then 60. And not 144 ( To expensive ..).

19. Sanderp Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

What is your budget, how many of them and which resolution?

20. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Under 200. 1080x1920

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.