Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Others' started by Harmiox, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmiox Woodcutter DRC Player

Hello My Name is iNewLifeYT I Need From Somehow admin or moderator to help me solve this problen Today's morning I I could of / skin set name but was now entering the afternoon and began appearing that someone could tell me now Only The Minecraft Premius can do this or if it is not I'll see if there's a problem with my computer or my .minecraft @JelleDRC @Xcnix @Andie

2. Andie Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Are you sure about the message that shows up? Isn't the nickname invalid because a premium account doesn't exist with the nickname you tried to use?

3. Harmiox Woodcutter DRC Player

1 Sec I will try give the screenshot

4. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

Everyone suppose to do this. It's not true that you can't change your skin, because you are not premium. I'm premium also and I can't do this neither. I already said this to @TheGooseBumpers :)
    It's just a bug

5. Harmiox Woodcutter DRC Player

Sem Titulo.png
    --- This message was merged, Dec 18, 2015 ---
    Loook @Andie

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bruqaj Iron Miner DRC Veteran

Simple explanation: Because the skin plugin is used in almost all cracked servers, the skin server can't handle so many requests. Only the owner of the plugin and the owner of the skin server can fix this. Sometimes you can change your skin and sometimes you can not.

Complicated explanation:
    Because the developer of the SkinRestorer is a total newbie at coding we have to deal with this problem. We cannot fix it ourself. I've tried to look into his code and it is ugly to say the least. His methods are dirty and not necessarily. Because of that I have decided to write a custom plugin but it won't be finished any time soon. (yay holidays) The reason why you get the error is because the minecraft API server blocks us after 750 requests. Now you can make 1500 requests to get the UUID, after that you need to get the skin data. In most cases you get unblocked after 5 minutes. You can request the same skin data once per minute, however you can send as many unique skin data requests as you like so this does not add up to the 1500 requests limit(haven't tested it because I need 1500 premium UUIDs. You can also use other websites API to get the UUID and skin data but they too get a lot of heavy load. The developer of SkinRestorer could add a few extra API servers to spread the load but he seems to lazy to do it.

/rant

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
  7. Xcnix Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Should be fixed now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.