Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by hallo_doei, Jun 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Hey all,
    Skyblock died a little bit so here are some suggestions, most of them are already suggested but I am trying to list them all here.

1. Add the new items to the shop
    Skyblock is a little bit outdated, since 1.8, there are no items added anymore. So here are a few items:

1. Nether stuff: magma blocks, nether bricks and nether wart.
    2. Elytra: I know some mods dont like it because you can fly to other islands but what is the problem? you can't grief and it only costs durability.
    3. End: End rod, Chorus flower and end stone

2. Turn on island warps
    It is an option given with the Askyblock plugin, but why is it turned off? we have heard that is is turned off but we havent heard why. Please, tell us why it is turned of or just turn it on.

This are the things I would like to be added/changed in skyblock.
    I hope there won't be useless reactions like agree or true but only reply if you have things that have to be added too.

I am waiting for a response of the mods/admins.

Regards hallo_doei

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Panzerwaffen Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

"Nether stuff: magma blocks, nether bricks and nether wart."
    Sounds pretty good and you can already get them in skyblock but only in limited supply (except the nether wart since you can farm that)

"Elytra: I know some mods dont like it because you can fly to other islands but what is the problem? you can't grief and it only costs durability."
    I am not against this Idea either it seems a fun thing to have but it shouldn't be cheap make it something rare to have like something that you can show off with.

"End: End rod, Chorus flower and end stone"
    Ahhh the end it is a great dimension in my opinion and if it was up to me to decide if they would get added in the shop I would but I am not the one who decide. Although getting the Chorus flower and growing it for the fruit would be fun since that tp's you randomly so also in the void. GL for the ones who try it when it gets added.

"2. Turn on island warps
    It is an option given with the Askyblock plugin, but why is it turned off? we have heard that is is turned off but we havent heard why. Please, tell us why it is turned of or just turn it on."
    Now this is something that has been suggest multiple times and I can't really remember why it was denied but I think it was (or atleast I think it is) because of being a easy easy way to deathtrap people. Ofcourse it would be amazing to have if you run a shop but I think the amount of people that will abuse it will be greater than the amount of people who would use it in a useful way. So I would say keep it turned off.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Okay, that's true, but isn't it true too that you don't just do /is warp lai and then press enter? It would be a very nice thing to make your chestshops available for everyone, and if you are much online they will know you and trust you. Btw: if you warp to an island with a death trapper you can always warp to that island again and make screens/record it.

Thanks for answering anyway.

Could some other people give opinions too?
    @JelleDRC, @Nobody4life, @Xcnix and the other staff of course too

(just give your reaction because that might help the admins and jelle to decide)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
  4. Mendel Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

Friendly bump for @hallo_doei - I agree with those ideas ... pretty good ones but unfortunately @JelleDRC has a lot of bugs in his hands and don't know when these things might get fixed :D

5. Boins Gold Miner DRC Veteran

Island warps would be a good idea.

It would be nice if ppl can do a /warp [playername] to see the island. But only if the player wants that.

6. heyJack Newbie DRC Player

But... we already have the Elytra, and you can win at voteparty! :3

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

But... What if you lose it? Isn't it nice to have it in shop too?

Anyway, I know most servers, including skyblock, are offline atm. But please, @JelleDRC, just read this thread and give your opinion.
    As someone else already made a topic, DRC doesn't have as much players as it had before, only the "old" survival players and the Portuguese eggwars playing people. Is it that hard to add new things? Please, help DRC out.

Thank you,
    hallo_doei

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

some new things:
    1. Ice
    2. shields
    3. netherrack

Now you don't react I do think it is time to think a little bit further: the prices, ill tell what I think and why.
    First the nether stuff
    Nether wart: buy 4 for 4, just like melon and pumpkin seeds.
    Nether brick: the block, 64 for 100. it is not a very useful item so the price doesn't have to be very high but it is nice for building
    Magma block: you need 4 magma creams for it and that ones are in the shop for 50 each but is not possible to revert it back into magma creams, 100 each.
    Netherrack: you can make netherbricks of it and with that you can make the new red nether brick block. Could be used for decoration too if you want, I think 64 for 80

Now the end stuff
    End stone: I think the same story as for nether bricks, nice for decoration and you can craft end stone bricks with it, 64 for 100.
    End rod: end rods are useful for light and decoration, I think 10 for 20
    Chorus flower: you can place it on end stone and if you harvest it you can get chorus fruit, very funny but also deadly to use, with chorus fruit you can also make purpur blocks, because you can reuse them I think 1 for 5

At last (but not least) the other stuff
    Elytra: Is a funny item but has to stay special, I think 5k each is a good price because then you need money for it but it doesn't cost too much.
    Shields: useful but I think this one doesnt have to be very special, 1 for 100, useful but not very much else
    Ice: Very useful for transporting items, I think it has to get a price of about 32 for 100, then it isn't very cheap but is possible to get if you need it.

So I hope @JelleDRC @Nobody4life @Reynout123 @Anesitas @Xcnix that you all will have a look at this
    And not just skip it but give a reaction pls ;)

Regards,
    hallo_doei

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

I remember reading this in the past, the topic didn't interest me though. Why one may ask. The answer is short: 'I am going to list them all here'
    There were 2 suggestions. Thats it :P

As for my opinion:
    I'm a fan of playing Skyblock the hardcore way, or just not play it at all. If we add all kinds of fancy blocks, then what is the goal of Skyblock?
    If that is the wish of the players, to play some kind of surivalcreative on skyblock, then why bother playing skyblock at all?
    My countersuggestion would be oregenerator, increase all the shopprices and increase the server difficulty to the max.

Note, that goes for all the shopsuggestions. The elytra I have no idea why 'staff' would not like it. Its just some wings, and it may result in some flight parcours, you never know.

As for the suggestion/question about island warps. See my first comment on my opinion. For me the goal of skywars is to do it as much as you can, on your own. Adding warps would result in playershops being overused. Not even talking about the deathtraps that Panzerwaffen mentioned. You state that one could always warp there again to make a screenshot, however. The stuff you lost won't return to you, and many players will make nice tickets about that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

@Anesitas I understand your point: maybe the decorative items doesn't have to be added indeed.

So I can understand that some items won't be placed in the shop and if you don't place the decorative items you have some left:
    1. Ice, very useful for transporting items.
    2. Chorus flower, a new way for getting food.
    3. Shields, skeletons are a little bit OP now because of the attack delay. Why not adding them?
    4. Elytra: just nice to have, if the price is high not everybody will be able to get it and it might stay special.

And now the warps. If you all think it will be used for death trapping, why not making it a donator feature? That is at least something to make you donate for skyblock.

What do you think about this ones?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Ok so you have been asking me a TON of times to respond here, and I finally will.
    I agree with Anesitas as well. Th decorative things are just to be nice, but not really necessary.
    The others like you mentioned above this one are good to add. The chorus fruit don't tp you in the void (at least I don't think they do)
    Elytra's are nice to have there. So yes for me.

Greetings Reynout123
    Btw: no need to tagg all admins and owner. They will or won't see it. If one of them read it and suggest it it's more efficient then tagging them multiple times.

• Like Like x 1
  12. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

So there are 5 items and 1 suggestion left:

Ice, maybe 32 ice for 100?
    Chorus flower (not the fruit), you can get multiple out of one so 1 flower for 5?
    End stone: has to be added because of chorus flower, otherwise you can't plant them, maybe 5 blocks for 20?
    Shield, useful as protection, 100 each?
    Elytra: 5k, stays a nice thing and I think 1/5 of the price of the beacon is a good price.

And maybe give your opinion about making warps for donators? I think it is nice for the cheapest rank.

Greetz,
    hallo_doei

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

#bump?

• Like Like x 1
  14. hallo_doei Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

And another microbump? After 2 weeks?

15. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

We Will look at it. No need to bump it. Topic closed.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.