Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ggwp, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggwp Gold Miner DRC Veteran

some kitpvp suggestions that would make it better.
    1) Remove the combat timer for /sell all. this is kind of annoying becuz when ur in ct, u cant do /sell all and quickly move further on without getting killed. U have to wait until ur out of ct then u can do /sell all which puts u at a risk of protecting ur loot.
    2) make the ct timer like the old map. in the old map, in order to go spawn, u had to stay still for 10 seconds to go to spawn. This new map its kind of annoying cuz pple can just hit and run, run for 10 seconds then they just log.
    3)Dont make insta tp to spawn. The spawn timer should be made 3-5 seconds becuz it would make it harder for poeple to go to spawn plus it gives an oppurtunity for other people to hit the player that is going to spawn and it also allows a chance for a noob to keep an op dude from going to spawn.
    4)Nerf kit wizard. kit wizard is pretty op with give u all the pots u need to pvp but atleast remove the enderpearl it comes with. epearl+titan gear= u no ded anymore. litteraly anyone can just keep on epearling around
    5)Make the kitpvp map smaller. the kitpvp map is huge for the amount of players it has. Possibly in some time the builders can make a new map, where it isnt too big or too small.

These are some possibilities to make kitpvp better. If u have anymore ideas feel free to comment them.
    6) Reduce the lag when someone gets a global kill streak (says in chat). this is rlly annoying when u are pvping, it makes the entire serer lag and u dunno whats happening when it returns to normal
    7) add a enderpearl cooldown. at the moment, alot of pple just spam there epearls wheneverf tehy r running and its practically impossible to catch up to them.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  2. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

1) Protecting your loot by sell all? You just sell everything? What's the point of that?
    2) The /spawn command is blocked by the combat timer. And yeah I figured out they like to just run and *poef* out. But they were able to do that in the old one as well. So I don't see the point. Feel free to make it more clear.
    3) This is one of your better ideas. I want to look into that for you. I will keep you up to date.
    4) Kits are being suggested here --> https://drcnetwork.com/threads/report-bug.14424/#post-133625
    5) About the map.. I will redirect this to our Builder @Joey / JPCore

Other then that, thanks for suggestion something (in the way it should be everytime). We will discuess suggestions 1,2,3 and 5 here. 4 is for the other topic ^^

Greetings Reynout123

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

A new map? That's so easy said. Too big? I see enough space for expansions, i see no 'too small'.
    I see a no from my mounth. I will not make a new map enjoy this one first, every gamemode needs my attention for getting upgraded at buildings.
    First all others and then there is space to go trough suggestions and edit all these things to DRC's wishes.

Even if you all want a new map, what theme? Maybe not outside maybe in a big castle i don't know i built it for you not for my self DRC has to tell me what they want to see.

Hope i'm kinda clear here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Yea for some reason i love the old map with the 2 towers and when we could jump off the spawn.. idk why but i just loved doing that.. and i think that many people would agree.. but i like this map too.

Also just a suggestion if you could do the jumping off spawn thingy, it would be a lot of fun i guess xD You cant like spawn camp since u can jump anywhere and when we randomly teleport, sometimes someone else teleports to the same place we were.

EG: I spawned on top of the tower, i was looking around at the scenery, another guy just teleported there after a second, and he killed me...

It would be the same thing with the jump thingy, but jumping from spawn and being able to choose your place to start fighting is a lot of fun.. and if you just wanna see the map, u could avoid the players by jumping to the borders..

So im suggesting to bring back the jump boost pads

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Right now, groups camp in the middle, because they have the best chances of spotting people from there. By spawncamping, these groups have to look at one point and wait for the targets to drop. For them, this is just a dropparty for free kills.
    Also, I like to have fall damage enabled (as soon as the "random" tp doesn't put you on top of that tower in the town) and I don't think those two are going to work out.
    1) /sell all while in combat? Sure, a titan with only 5 hearts left, gets shot (resets combat timer), notices he won't be able to escape, /sell all. He died, but still got some money from his titan kit and the opponent is left with a victory on a nearly dead guy with no armor.
    2) With all the flame bows, fire aspect and vines everywhere, I find it quite hard to survive 10 seconds without being hit again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

To my opinion, the only thing that has to change on the kitpvp server are the players.
    In the future small features will be added/removed remade.

PvP is already easy now we can't make it any easier now if we still need to remove things.
    A week of work and still not good :')

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

When did we ever had the launch pads?

Fall damage I will fix when I found a fix for it. I planned on taking a look at it this weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

It was not the previous map, but the map before that one. The one map which was a copy from a survival games map. We did have them once, but those weren't my favorite kitpvp times.

9. CDVMANU Newbie DRC Player

insteed of a smaller map builders can do the glass area smaller and if more people join to the community do the gkass like is now

10. Airwin_ Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

About the map being too big: Maybe make the random tp, teleport players closer to mid so they spawn closer to eachother. This will increase your chances of spotting players and it will be less boring because right now when there are between 5-10 people online 90% of your time you are just walking around searching for players to fight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Been there, done that. Would like to hear if its still not enough :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

We're currently starting a new project but if it's done or canceled we can still make a new map.
    I just need that 'yes'.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

I think almost every suggestion is taken and placed into KitPvP. Have fun!
    Topic closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.