Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by skyopminecraft, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyopminecraft Newbie DRC Veteran

so a mod told me to report this, so i'm here to tell you that .. well ... firstly emeralds are more uncommon than diamonds as you have to find an extreme hills terrain to actually find some of those so i think they should be more profitable to all players -_- i mean: 25$ for 1? As i remember, it used to be 50 which is a good price you know? I mined Hours in my mineshalf to find them and i dont really think its worthit :(
    so.. if you can .. buff the price a bit.. just a little bit if it is ok
    if you cant, please tell me why :((((
    or if you have anyway easier to get em :D thank uuu!!! stay awesome

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Panzerwaffen Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

You see there is the problem yes emerald are hard to find while mining and if that was the only way to get them yeah the price could be buffed.
    BUT you can also get emeralds from trading with villagers and quite a lot of players have made HUGE farms to produce crops and things that they can trade with the villager and with that they earn a HUGE amount of emeralds.
    So I don't think we should buff the price since that would only ruin the economy more.
    And if I was you if you want emeralds try to find either a zombie spawner or just a wild zombie villager and throw a splash potion of weakness on him and give that poor zombie a golden apple and he will be all better as villager.

3. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Moved the post to suggestions as I feel like more people should be allowed to give their opinion on this.

Next to the above post, while diamonds are indeed easier to find, diamonds are more usefull then emeralds.
    • Diamonds can be used to craft the best armor, weapons and tools. You can even enchant them to make them even better.
    • Emerals can only be used as money for villagers and either they give you garbage or nice things that aren't worth the emeralds. You only use emeralds for emerald blocks which in turn can easily be replaced with green wool/clay.
    If anything, I really think that the price of fish should be changed if it hasn't already. What was it again? Sell 64 raw fish for $10? I can make more money and waste less time with a 5x5 nether wart farm.

4. GigantDude Event Team Event Team

The emerald price shouldnt be changed, its fine how it is now. Making money is now much harder and more balanced.

Sorry for the huge farms, I had quite the business with them.

5. drdoct Lapis Lazuli Miner DRC Veteran

I still don't get the horror of some people taking initiative to make money. Yes you can make huge farms and make a ton of money. But it's very difficult to keep at it and isn't like it's built over night. I did the exact same thing in the 1.8 world. It's a pain in the butt to keep farming. I thought it was a horrible decision to mess with the emerald price and ability to sell and furthermore was another thumb in the eye of the players who actually play the game. If it was THAT easy, then everyone would have done it. I've tried it and it's nowhere near that easy. Perhaps the grow tick could be moved back a little but changing the price was pretty much saying... "I know you are here all the time to make your crops grow and make money, we'd rather you not be here and be poor like the rest of the lazy players". When efforts are to curb the things people can do here, then people will curb their time accordingly which will result in many less players and even worse, many less donations.

6. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

7. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

This is lame to my opnion.
    Why patching the price so we can't create any good farms.
    Every way that we're able to make from is almost patched.

How to solve? Buy money in the webstore this is the only way the get good amounts of money.
    Because every way will be patched, to prevent 'lagfarms' and our 'very nice' economy.

Please economy, players have 1M i say well done economy holders.

Almost all donators are to lame to grind everything and if they have enough it will be patched.
    New End? OP items all raided by donators they've made nice money from it.

The real economy holders are the 'noobs' the members they should be rewarded.

Make a big farm to earn money from not, not possible unless you enjoy that few dollars.
    Want fast big money? Donate for other or buy it via the webshop.

8. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

uhmmm....
    1: i havent used the end to make money
    2: i am a donator, and i have grinded a lot of money. so i dont know what you are talking about.
    3: what do you mean with "the real economy holders are the noobs they should be rewarded"

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Joey / JPCore Builder Builder

Every donator is rich already by grinding.
    Don't tell me that the 1M you got is from hard work. Because it wasn't, you can't work hard on DRC because it's not able or getting patched anyways.
    With the End i mean the Heads, the elytra's the Protection 4 items and all those things you got like 10+ heads.
    All items in the end have a high value so you could make money from it but you did, maybe your not saying it.

10. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Emeralds were abused by Grindfarmers that got them from trading with villagers.
    Economy = Economy. Everyone that had ever had Economy classes knows that if there are 100's on the market, the price drops. So while they are uncommon in the map, they were not on the 'stockmarket'

The reason ThreadOpener did not receive many money for his hard work, is because of this.
    I'm sorry, but that is something that we will not change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.