Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Updates and announcements' started by Nobody4life, Nov 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobody4life Obsidian Miner Staff Member Forum Moderator

Hi DRCers

Currently are we looking to update and reinvent the Survivalgames server. This means change the way it works, and adding some new features.
    But we want to know what you guys think about some ideas and what you want to see ingame.
    • Compass: now you spawn with it, but make it only so they spawn in chests?
    • Maps: new maps? Bigger, smaller?
    • Knowing what map you join. Now you join a lobby with selection out of 4 maps. Change it so you know 100% what map it will be?
    • More kits? Great but we will need suggestions.
    • Change the kits we have?
    • Tier 1 and 2 chest. 2 be more rare but with better loot.
    Think those are good ideas? Maybe not, or you know a better one. Let us know how you think about it and what might make it better.

EDIT: AND ACHIEVEMENTS!!!!! Suggest some.

Also, building team will be contacted soon and announced within a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

There are sometimes random chests with nothing in it. Mostly they were carepackages, but they don't despawn.
    Maybe it's an idea to remove those.
    Also an idea to make a new spawn and waiting-room in SG? This would maybe be a job for the new building team? ;)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

[​IMG]

Tier 1 & 2 chests wil be good many servers use this kind of method. And Put the tier 2's in like hard spots to find.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Compass in chest only or shop is good. I'm too pro with it, I can loot safely because of it and easily surprise players who rather have their sword ready at all times, giving me a huge adventage. Best item mid-game.

Yes to the no-vote on maps. That democracy system is nice, but most of the games I played are always the same map. Egypt, abandoned, SG4 and that military map, while there are about 12 other maps left unplayed.

-- Never mind this --
    Reorganize the current kits. Some free kits are more powerfull than donator kits.
    I will give some examples when the server is back online.
    Kit suggestions coming up later as well.
    -- Never mind this --

Deathmatch lasts 90 seconds, but some players refuse to kill eachother, making the game end in a draw. So sweet, but unacceptable.
    So, try to make the floor slowly dissappear after 30 seconds. After 70 seconds, the entire floor should be gone. That leaves 20 seconds for someone to fall in the void and the other one to win (even while falling as well).

Achievements. I'll think of some tomorrow. Do these achievements have any purpose? Do they give coins? Unlock vanity pets or titles? Or just a plain goal people can strife to obtain?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ggwp Gold Miner DRC Veteran

Yea i think it would be good to add achievements where u can get more coins. In other servers I play on some achievements they have are that when u kill 100 people you get 1000 coins (does copy righted work in servers?). their should be more stuff like that :D

6. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Achievements:
    Killer I -> V: Kill x amount of players.
    + Presented with swords. (when viewing achievements)
    + Reward: the sword as vanity weapon and Title "Killer" at V

Winner I -> V: Win x amount of games.
    + Presented with helms.
    + Reward: the helm as vanity helm

Hunter I -> III: Kill x amount of people with bow and arrow.
    + Presented with bow.
    + Reward:
    bow as vanity weapon at I, Title "Hunter" at II, arrows have an effect when shooting ingame at III.

Food hunter I -> V: Restore x amount of hunger points.
    + Presented with food.
    + Reward: Coins and
    Vanity pet Ocelot at V.

Maniac I -> III: Kill x amount of players in one game.
    + Presented with axes.
    + Reward: Coins,
    the axe as vanity weapon and Title "Maniac" at III.

Saint I -> V: Sponsor players x amount of times.
    + Presented with gold nugget / ingot / block / diamond / block

+ Reward: Vanity blocks as hat and Title "Saint" at V.

Looter I -> III: Drop x amount of care packages.
    + Presented with (ender) chests.
    Vanity pet Endermite at III.

Survivor I -> IV: Stay in-game for x amount of minutes.
    + Presented with clock.
    Vanity pet Wolf at IV.

Escapist I -> IV: Succesfully survive x amount of enderpearl teleports.
    + Presented with enderpearl / eye of ender.
    + Reward: I: Enderman particles (also ingame),
    II: Enderman vanity hat, III: Enderman vanity pet. IV: Title "Shadow"

Acrobat I: Complete the parkour in the waiting room.

+ Presented as boots.
    + Reward: New and exclusive acrobat kit*, Title "Acrobat", Vanity pet Chicken, Vanity golden boots.
    *Acrobat kit: diamond boots feather falling IV, 2 steak, wooden sword.

Vanity items are items you can show off while in the waitingroom and lobby. They serve no purpose except easily showing which achievements you got.
    They won't be tagging along in your future games.
    Items with the same color mean that you can only have one at all times. So you can't have a wolf and an ocelot at the same time.
    Titles will be replaced with your ingame rank (Member, Vip, etc...) if you select them and can be set back to default. Also 1 title possible at all times.

EDIT: I do recall a bug with a certain map. Frozen tundra, I believe it was.
    - When there are 3 players left, deathmatch is announced, but when the countdown is over, it doesn't start. You just keep wandering all over the map.
    - Health also doesn't regenerate over time with enough hunger points, only healing items heal you.
    - Compass doesn't work properly. It keeps pointing to one player, who is supposedly dead.
    Not sure if it's fixed yet because I never get to play on that map anymore. (knowing what map you join ftw)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

maybe let some players from the building team make a map?
    that would be awesome!

ps: Dont forget to be as quick as possible with the Build team ;)

8. MeMatty Event Team Event Team

Lol, I already said that. -_-

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jolpo Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

1)i think its better to spawn with a compass
    2) it will be nice if there where bigger and smaller maps :D
    3) good idea
    4) i think there are enough kits now
    5) kits are good enough
    6) good idea :D

10. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

maybe adding a top 3 killers, winners and top 10 K/D

11. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

There once was like a top 3 stage with the heads of the players (most sg wins) But it got removed no idea why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mafia In Town Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

And maybe turn mobs off. It makes lagg sometimes.

13. KokoGaming Hunter DRC Veteran

Kit Runner
    -2 speed potions
    -depth strider 2 boots
    -3 steak
    -wooden sword

To run from the spawn etc

14. GeoGamerLP Stone Miner DRC Veteran

Please add a regen system where you get Regeneration III for 8 seconds or longer if you kill someone because it's annoying if you fight against a better-armored player adn winh with 3-4 hearts, but then there come two players and dust you off. BUT this should only be added if there's also a plugin who prevent killstealers to get a regen effect (Like a plugin who checks who hitted them often and who gave the lasthit).

Also, there should be a division between maps where tem is allowed and where not. Some people and I prefer non-team SG which is very hard because there are teamers in almost every round.

~GeoGamerLP

15. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

Assassin achievement: killing someone without him hitting you

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

16. Hugh Mungus Builder Builder

Some more achievments:

Slime Hunter: create a slime block

Indiana jones: kill someone in all biomes

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

17. Nobody4life Obsidian Miner Staff Member Forum Moderator

All those achievements look so good, but I think most are nearly impossible to realise.

18. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Please, no. Some people (like yours truly) sometimes have bad luck when looting chests, but can still step up their game killing people from behind after they've suffered from a hard battle.
    I also hate teamers, but that makes survivalgames a challenge and most accurate to the real Hunger Games (books + movies) where Survivalgames originated from. Besides, there's no plugin that prevents people from teaming. Meaning we'd have to hire at least 3 new moderators to keep an eye on teamers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. GeoGamerLP Stone Miner DRC Veteran

For the teaming thing, you could just add a /report command which you use to report players (not only teaming, but talking more would go too far). Then it's as good as solved. I mean, if players want to play non-team then, but don't use /report, it's their own fault.

Also, I have a question: Why are there so many empty chests (And I'm not meaning carepackages because there also empty chest who can't be carepackages because they're there every round)? I know that you wanna lower the chance of getting good stuff fast, but that's too much. About 40% of the chests I've looked in are empty (and 35% of them are no carepackages). Also, lowering this chance isn't good either because if someone gets a rare good item or even more of them just because of luck, he has a big advantage.

Sorry if it seems as if I don't respect other opinions. I just want to discuss the ideas.

20. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

We have that. /ticket <complaint here> . But it's not that simple: How do we know if the people did team? A staffmember has to be online at that moment and not busy doing something else.
    Teaming is a strategy. A very weak one, but proven effective. Survivalgames: do whatever you must to survive.
    Not respecting other opinions would mean you swear at them, saying their opinion is s*** and not giving valid arguments to counter the arguments put up against them. You're showing respect, in my opinion ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.