Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by UnDead_Assassin, Oct 10, 2015.

?

Do you think this is a good idea and should be implemented on the forum?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2015.
  1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnDead_Assassin Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Hello staff,
    Most or all of you probably know me and im back with another suggestion.
    So now that english and dutch forum are merged and people are to lazy to read the rules etc.
    Allot of people aka Newbies comment on unban request and complaints. Pros already know the rules because we have played a while or so. But newbies are nubs and maybe dont know.
    So here is my suggestion:
    Whenever you do something wrong on the forums you get a "warning point". These can be given by staff.
    After 3 warning points you may get a forum ban of a certain time or permanent.
    If you get a warning point you will get a message in your notification that says you got a warning point, why you got it and who gave it to you.
    Why do this? Well because it will help allot of people understand the rules better and help people also notice that you cant just have your message over someone unban req.
    This will also make it more fair because i have noticed some people get forum ban while others just get their message removed.
    Ps: the warning points will also come on you profile like your country flag and your positive ratings etc.
    btw i like the country flags @JelleDRC

Taging some people to vote.
    @JelleDRC @koolmees71 @Andie @drdoct @TheGooseBumpers @Anesitas @Xcnix @Nobody4life

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ruthger Nether Inhabitant DRC Veteran

So if i am swearing with cancer, i get a point? That have to be a ban ( i think ). I dont like the idee because if you are forumbanned then you Will also look at the rules so for me is it a NO

Sended with my awesome IPad Air from an BMW X6M

3. Panzerwaffen Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

I like the idea except this bit:
    I think the warning points should only be visible for staff members.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. milkacow Obsidian Miner DRC Veteran

I agree with panzer, but in Some occasions you should just be insta banned. Neither i think you may have 2 of the Same warnings.

Actually They used to warn sometimes in the past, Dont know if that's still the case

5. TheGooseBumpers Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

It already exists: http://puu.sh/kF4Jv/f0400aa761.png
    The forum mods can see who got warnings etc, and from there they can decide if he should be banned. We can choose if we want you to give you a reason for deleting a post or not.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. JelleDRC Server Owner Staff Member Server Owner

This originally was the case. But since 3 points seems too much, we don't use them anymore and instantly ban people.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. UnDead_Assassin Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

But sometimes it is very unfair (my opinion)
    Why?
    Because if i scold with "cancer" i get a forum & ingame ban, i agree with this.
    BUT if i react to a unban apeal and i get ban is it fair against someone who scolded with cancer?
    Remember i just made a harmless post on forum wich i get is very annoying, but scolding with cancer is MUCH worse and that why i think warning points should be added.

EDIT: you can also add more warnig points for a certain deed.
    Ex: I scolded with cancer i get 3 warning points = ban
    I commented something very useless on a serious unban appeal i get 1 warning point.

8. topvennie Gold Miner DRC Veteran

You won't get the same ban if you scold with c-nc-er or if you react to a unban topic. I guess you get a permaned ban when you swear with c-nc-r and a tempban when you react to a unban topic.

9. UnDead_Assassin Redstone Miner DRC Veteran

Ok, still i think that IF you react to a topic 1 time doesnnt have to give you not atleast a tempban..just a warning point

10. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Tag everyone, but not the forummoderator. Thanks :(

We have the system and when the rules were broken by someone, we warned them and gave them a warning point. When they had 3, they got a ban from the forums for a week. Then they came back and they could break the rules again. I can easily find a couple of guys with over 10 warnings. We became more strict because the forum has only 10 rules. I believe that by banning rulebreakers from the forum for a week will force them to read the rules, so they won't make the same mistake again (if they really want to be active on the forum).

However, if it's innappropriate language, spam or post in caps, I just delete, but I might start giving warnings again on those small things, depending on how serious it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rejoy Diamond Miner DRC Veteran

Umm but sometimes the newbies don't know how to write an unban appeal. So we can help for that. If the warning points are installed, it would take a lot of time to configure

12. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

I'm considering of using the warning point system again, but I'm going to make some changes to the way we'll use it.
    It's still something in progress and I will first discuss it with the other staffmembers.

13. universal Gold Miner DRC Veteran

IMO the warning points system would require too much administration work.

14. Dracindo Forum Lizard Staff Member Forum Moderator

Which is why we decided to immediatly forumban people for bigger things and just delete posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.