Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

Register
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Unban request' started by Jan_Kees_Doodle, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan_Kees_Doodle Hunter DRC Veteran

So... I was banned for making a death trap. What death trap would that be? Because I haven't made one.

If it is the entrance to my house, somebody was obviously trespassing on my claim and jumped down a hole through two trapdoors blocking entrance to my house. I may have neglected to close the doors the last time I played. There is a hopper at the bottom, because I frequently forget to use /fly and end up killing myself in my own house. In either case, the hoppers don't work because of the plugin that requires you to use /unlockdrops or some such command. This is not a death trap, and certainly not a functional one. This is a case of a trespasser jumping a completely fenced-in claim and entering my house without permission.

I've been meaning to put ladders in the hole, but it hasn't been a priority, because they slow entrance to my house. /fly combined with ladders can be a major pain. Hence the doors to prevent potential griefers from breaking into my house, as someone apparently has done.

If there is another "death trap", it is completely unintentional, and also -not- a death trap.

I was banned by Reynout123, and it appears without discussion or warning. It would have been nice to have a heads-up before a summary ban of a premium donator's account with no discussion. Or maybe the moderator could have simply closed the doors to prevent further invasive suicides. Just sayin'... I was going to donate again today. Now I'm not. I don't expect special treatment, but I do expect some communication when there is a problem with something I have done, particularly when I have been here for over 2 years, all privileges aside.

I would be happy to apologize to anyone who may have died as a result of this so-called death trap, to which I am unenlightened, and to fix the problem so that there are no future problems.

2. Anesitas Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

3. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Yes indeed I am the one who banned you. And sorry to say but in first view it looked like a death trap in my eyes.
    If we see this we need to ban the person. There was no chance to communicate because you were offline. If it was a death trap for real and we would warn you and you would ignore it, then what? Some persons don't care about warnings nor kicks. ( I am not saying you are like that, certainly not.)

I am kinda believing your story because what you said is true. It was an entrance to a basement. But the question I was asking myself why there were items in the chest.

Can you answer me that question?

Just to be sure before taking any decision.

Greetings Reynout123

4. Jan_Kees_Doodle Hunter DRC Veteran

Also, I'd like to apologize if my post sounds a little salty. That's not my intention. I've had a very bad day, and was looking to unwind with a little DRC when I came to discover I was banned.

Sorry if I sound grouchy. :-\

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

I don't care :) I am a bit down as well :/ So I fully understand you. I understand :) DRC helps me unwind too ;) So no need to say sorry :)

6. Jan_Kees_Doodle Hunter DRC Veteran

I believe those items were something along the lines of rotten flesh and a slab of some sort, correct? I had used the hopper as a trash heap, and there was once a slab on top of the hopper, which I broke, because it was causing me problems when exiting through the hole.

Again, I'd be happy to put some ladders there, if you see the need.

7. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Well if possible some kind of protection for outsiders and please make sure the gates are closed ;) or search a diffrent way to enter base ;) I don't know.

I will unban you immediatly :) Sorry for banning you, it looked like a death trap to me but if you say it like this there is no need to think about it ;) Mind giving the full ingame name ;)

EDIT: NO need for it anymore ;) http://puu.sh/on8HL/e2ec6947e0.jpg Have fun! :D

Topic closed. Player unbanned with the question to make it safer :)

P.S Sorry if there is any mess :P

8. Jan_Kees_Doodle Hunter DRC Veteran

Jan_Kees_Doodle

It's the same here, and it's my premium account name, too, showing my love for DRC.

Thank you. :-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.