Welcome to our forum!

Do you want to become a member of our community? Join our forums now!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Others' started by Halteclere, Jul 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halteclere Newbie DRC Player

Jul 11, 2016
    Well, let's just get this in the open, since that's how certain people like it.

A mod started a conversation with me via ticket. I don't much like to air grievances over public chat, so I asked him/her to unhide, also via ticket since I couldn't message through vanish, and was flat out refused. Then I was warned for using tickets for trying to talk to said mod, when I don't have all that many communication options at that point, do I? Oh, and that same mod also threatened me with a temp ban on top of the warn.

So, for the benefit of the unknowing portion of the playerbase who are mostly ignorant of what admins and mods can do, what does a regular player do when a mod uses vanish as an ignore button?
  2. rebeeccc Server Moderator Staff Member Server Moderator

May 23, 2014
    Let me be clear - I wasn't using vanish as a "Halteclere ignore button". Our job requires us to be in vanish sometimes so that we can see what other players are doing without them being aware. I asked you more than once to not abuse our ticket system as a private chat, and only warned you after you refused.

Whenever a player makes several tickets that are not directly related to a problem (creates ticket spam), it makes it harder for the staff to answer the other tickets that are related to problems. I am sorry if my inability to exit vanish in that moment was upsetting for you, but I was in the process of observing another player. For the record, I removed your warn after you stopped making tickets and explained the situation to me. The warn was only used as an attempt to get you to stop making 'chat' tickets.

In the future, if you or another player has a private question for a mod or admin that you suspect is in vanish, you can request that they send you a private message in global chat. You don't have do reveal the nature of your problem publicly, just notify the staff member(s) that you wish to initiate a private chat. We have the ability to use the private message system even when we are in vanish and following other players.

Thank you for bringing this issue to the forums so that other players know the appropriate way to react, should they find themselves in a similar situation. I hope this clarifies any questions that you have on this topic!
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Reynout123 Server Admin Staff Member Server Admin

Oct 26, 2012
    If I may add something to this.
    If you do /msg <name of moderator> or /tell <name> /m <name> etc. while the moderator/Admin is in vanish and they play with ingame sound they will hear a kind of pop. So they know they need to check chat. If they don't they will see it somehow :)

But else the solution of rebeecccc is good :)

Greetings Reynout123
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.